Some Metrobus routes limited
Metro has restricted service on 22 bus routes Tuesday because of icy road conditions or snow on the roadways. In those locations, buses are operating on snow emergency routes or portions of their normal routes. The transit agency operates about 300 routes under normal conditions.
The affected areas include:
District of Columbia
- D1 (Glover Park-Federal Triangle) and D2 (Glover Park-Dupont Circle): buses will turn back at 35th and Whitehaven Pkwy N.W. ( Loop Service).
- G2 (P Street-Ledroit Park): buses will cut back at Wisconsin Ave., and Dumbarton St. N.W.
- U5, U6 (Mayfield-Marshall Heights) : operating on snow emergency route via Ridge Road between 37th Street & Ely Place and turning back at Central Avenue.
- U8 (Capitol Heights-Benning Heights): operating on snow emergency route.
- 96 (East Capitol Street): not operating to McLean Gardens. Will cut back at the Duke Ellington Bridge.
- G8 (Rhode Island Ave): operating snow emergency route and turning back at Monroe St., and South Dakota Ave., N.E)
- D8 (Hospital Center): operating snow emergency route and will operate between the Union Station and Rhode Island Avenue Metrorail stations.
- D12 (Oxon Hill-Suitland): will bypass Glassmanor Loop and operate via Indian Head Highway direct to Livingston Road).
- D14 (Oxon Hill-Suitland): will bypass Haras Place and stay on Brinkley Road.
- K6: (New Hampshire Ave): will bypass North Hampton & South Hampton Drive and operate direct via New Hampshire Avenue.
- P12 (Eastover-Addison Road): will bypass Audrey Lane & Deal Dr.
- F8 (Prince George's-Langley Park): will bypass Lebanon St., service roadway and operate via University Boulevard to Merrimac Drive and turn right onto Merrimac Drive.
- C12 (Hillcrest Heights): will bypass 23rd and Berkley St and operate via Colebrooke Drive, 25th Ave, 26th Ave, and Iverson St.
- 6B, 16E, 16F, 16J (Columbia Pike): will bypass Culmore and operate via Glen Carlyn.
- 9S (Crystal City-Potomac Yard Shuttle): is not operating to Potomac Drive and Crystal Drive.
- 2T (Tysons Corner-Dunn Loring): is not operating to Bowling Green Drive and Cottage St.
- 3T (Pimmit Hills): is not operating to Fisher Drive and Lisle Ave.
Metro officials said the plan could change based on reports from bus operators and information from departments of transportations about road conditions.
The comments to this entry are closed.