Posted at 3:00 PM ET, 02/28/2005

Ciao, Yanyu

By washingtonpost.com

Sad news for diners in Cleveland Park, as the stylish pan-Asian restaurant Yanyu closed last week. A new team of owners plans to open an Italian restaurant in the space in June. In the meantime, customers can call Yanyu's old number (202-686-6968) and leave their e-mail addresses. When the new place is ready, they'll receive an invitation for a sneek peek (including antipasto and wine, on the house).

-- Fritz

By washingtonpost.com  | February 28, 2005; 3:00 PM ET
Categories:  Restaurants
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Snowed Out?
Next: It's Raining Men

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

WHAT A BUMMER!!!! The food was so great...so sad, so no more YanYu at all? or are they moving?

Posted by: yanyu fan | March 3, 2005 4:16 PM | Report abuse

That's crap! We already have Sorriso & Pesto.

Posted by: Ben | March 4, 2005 10:28 PM | Report abuse

I absolutely adore this restaurant and being from Chinese descent I've realized there aren't very many places around the DC area to get as authentic of a dining experience as has Yanyu offered. I was about to make reservations but when I called, their answer machines has a message about how Yanyu is being replaced by an Italian place. I am just as stunned as everyone else at the sudden closing and even more upset that I will never be able to taste that wonderful melt-in-your-mouth Peking duck. I hope and pray that a new Yanyu will open somewhere else in the future.

Posted by: Julie | March 19, 2005 2:40 PM | Report abuse

There are more authentic Asian restaurants in the DC area than can be counted on ten hands. If you want authentic Vietnamese, go to Eden Center..authentic Chinese? Try Peking Duck or Marks Duck House, Thai? Duangrat's or a million places around Wilson Blvd...Pho? Wilson Blvd once again...Korean? Annandale, even if you don't understand a word of Korean almost every restaurant there is worth checking out...DO NOT go to Asian Bistro unless you like generic asian (lowercase a intentionally) stuff...stop your whining and go get the real stuff....

Posted by: Ken | April 13, 2005 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I am 13 and the onley good restaurant open on the weekend with gourmet food was yanyu
i will miss the foie gras sushi,calamari,lobster spring rolls,and and peeking duck.
Are any of this dishes being served at nooshi or spices

Posted by: Will Aghajanian | May 16, 2005 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Why are people so hostile in their blog comments? Chill, Ken. What's with the "stop your whining" comment? Maybe she's new to the area or something.

Posted by: reader | May 24, 2005 4:20 PM | Report abuse