Posted at 6:11 PM ET, 03/ 8/2005

Am I Buggin' You?

By washingtonpost.com

I don't mean to bug 'ya. But I thought you'd want to know that tickets for U2's MCI Center dates go on sale this Saturday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster. Bono and co. bring the Vertigo tour to D.C. for two nights this fall: Oct. 19 and 20.

The God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister. But you might be after you pay for these tickets, some of which cost as much as $163. If you're lucky enough to score floor seats, those are a mere $52.50. Perhaps I've been hypnotized by U2's iPod commercials, but I'll pay almost any price to see one of the best live rock bands ever.

Catch you Saturday morning, when I'll be stuck in a line at Ticketmaster and I won't be able to get out of it.

-- Jen

By washingtonpost.com  | March 8, 2005; 6:11 PM ET
Categories:  Music
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Guess Who's Coming to Chevy Chase
Next: All You Can Eat

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

U2 is the most overrated band of all time. Part of me hopes that Bono goes to the World Bank so are spared their music (commercial jingle pop) and that Bono's apotheosis can finally ushered through the final phase. Hey Bono, an Egyptian Pharoah called, he said you're pretentious. . .

Posted by: Andy | March 8, 2005 11:45 PM | Report abuse

wah wah wah...can't be pretentious if you actually believe want you're creating/selling/etc. Decry if you must, but seeing U2 live is one of life's finer indulgences.

Posted by: Emily | March 9, 2005 10:31 AM | Report abuse

U2... yeah... maybe on the Joshua Tree tour. Isn't Bono older than Mick Jagger... he sure does look it. Look... if their music got any more commercial, they'd be singing about Pepsi and Coke, while 'rockin' (yeah, right) out in Apple wear. The biggest mistake one of the coolest companies ever made was associating themselves with the moniker of corporate music, U2. If I have one more of their trite, overbearing, and crappy songs shoved down my throat by another commercial or DJ... I think I'll puke. As for those with small brains that can't think for themselves and actually like what you are made to like... go spend your hard earned dollars watching U2. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Posted by: Bud | March 11, 2005 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Tickets for U@???Wishful thinking...ok, tickets went on sale @ 10 am, then 10 minutes later, the site crashed....then 20 minutes later all general seating was sold out. By 10:20 there were only tickets for 98 and 163. Then by 10:35 am if you tried to call ticketmaster...their greeting changed to..."Hi ticketmaster...U2 has sold out, how can I help you?"
Tcikets for U2??? Wishful thinking.... (may be next one)

Posted by: Claude | March 13, 2005 1:34 AM | Report abuse

I've seen U2 on six different tours, and most were great. But with the outrageous prices of the current tour, they've lost me. Bono is singing out of both sides of his mouth: U2 should be touring for the third-world "debt relief" that he tirelessly campaings for...

Posted by: Ed | March 14, 2005 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Eatin' worms: I got in line at 6:30 AM at the Ballston Hecht's Ticketmaster with two people ahead of me, and by 9:30 there were probably 30 people behind me. As there was no lottery system I had my two $60 floor tickets by 10:03 AM.

Posted by: Bill | March 14, 2005 12:50 PM | Report abuse