Posted at 3:10 PM ET, 03/ 8/2005

Guess Who's Coming to Chevy Chase

By washingtonpost.com

Who would have thought that uptight, East Coast Washington could ever give Rodeo Drive or Madison Avenue a run for its money? Well, hold onto your Data Watch cards, there still won't be much competition for the fashion/shopping capital of the country, but come next fall - October, to be more precise - the Collection at Chevy Chase on Wisconsin Avenue is scheduled to open, and, drum roll, please, the high-fashion tenants who have signed on include Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany and Cartier (the latter two will move across the street from their current location). This is not your mom's mall, by the way; all the stores will have street visibility and access. Wallet-watchers may not want to apply.

-- Janet

By washingtonpost.com  | March 8, 2005; 3:10 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: You're Getting Sleepy...
Next: Am I Buggin' You?

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

Swine. www.truecosteconomics.org

Posted by: George W. Boyking | March 8, 2005 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Alright, I'm all for socio-economic commentary, but can we forego the judgment?
GWB (I get it), this is like posting vegan revolution messages on a general food forum.
This blog has its point, let's be respectful of its proprietors and readers...

Posted by: Chaz | March 9, 2005 10:58 AM | Report abuse

I agree. If you're gonna talk smack, direct it at this blog. There's plenty of fodder. Here's an example: Posts should get to the point within the title or first sentence. A blog isn't a collection of "people stories" for the style section. It's a quick aggregation of information, and I had to read the entire post pretty much before I realized I couldn't care less about it.

Posted by: Here's a Hint | March 9, 2005 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I was going to post the exact thing HAH posted. Please give us the meat in the first sentence.

As for GWB, you can post whatever you want, but a writer should always keep his audience in mind. I don't come here to get socially conscious (I've got other forums for that) so why try to convert me here? It's not going to work.

Posted by: Agree with here's a hint | March 10, 2005 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I love the couture clothing stores coming in, and simply cannot get enough of them. Christian Dior is one of my favorite, I hope they will get a Roberto Cavalli in soon as well. 2die4fashion

Posted by: 2die4fashion | August 8, 2005 12:09 AM | Report abuse