Posted at 4:44 PM ET, 03/ 4/2005

Pam Bricker Memorial

By washingtonpost.com

Musicians that played with Pam Bricker and those that simply loved to hear her sing gathered informally last week at U-topia to share music and remembrances. A second memorial event to celebrate her life and art will be taking place at Blues Alley on March 16. A house band will be augmented by invited performers representing the broad range of styles that Bricker covered in her performing and recording career. All proceeds will be set aside for a college fund for Bricker's son.

-- Rhome

By washingtonpost.com  | March 4, 2005; 4:44 PM ET
Categories:  Music
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Back for More
Next: A Really Big Beer

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

Thank you for posting this. I was deeply saddened when I read her obit in the Post. So many memories of great jazz times just swept over me... she will be missed by many, and her absence will be felt far outside the Beltway circles.

Posted by: Cheryl | March 5, 2005 12:16 AM | Report abuse

What shocking news. I used to hear Pam at the Henley (hotel?) around 10th and Mass. By chance, heard her at One Step Down in mid-90s while visiting DC from out here in Oregon. It was a huge treat to listen and then chat with her. I feel enormous frustration that she chose this outcome, just as Susannah McCorkle--also a marvelous singer--did. A great, great, loss.

Posted by: Don | March 5, 2005 12:01 PM | Report abuse

It's seems there is a vein of morbidity that flows through talent on its way to that final darkness that eludes me. RIP, your sensitivity will be missed!

Posted by: Gary Solana | March 6, 2005 12:05 AM | Report abuse