Posted at 10:41 AM ET, 04/21/2005

Delivering the Goods News

By washingtonpost.com

Good news for people in Old Town if, like me, they've been longing for good Asian takeout. Asian Bistro on King Street blows a raspberry at the usual gluey offerings and, for free (with a minimum order of $17) delivers dishes from land and sea that are tasty, light and pretty. Papaya salad with a spicy lime dressing? Yes please. Vietnamese summer rolls bound in shiveringly tender rice parchment? Yes please. Buffalo spicy basil? Absolutely. Frog in the jungle? Can I have seconds?
Another reason to cheer: Asian Bistro offers a daily lunch special -- appetizer and entree for $7.95. Beat that with a stick.
In other news, Arlington's Delhi Club that wasn't doing takeout, now is. They were silly not to offer it, sitting as they do plum in the line of peckish office workers (us included) at Clarendon. I'm having the boti.
-- Alexa

By washingtonpost.com  | April 21, 2005; 10:41 AM ET
Categories:  Restaurants
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Modest Mouse, Superstars (Updated)
Next: Double Bill Doubleheader

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

Well, at least it's not another Thai restaurant on King street...

Posted by: Christina | April 21, 2005 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Coincidently I had takeout from Delhi Club last night, before reading this post. I would definitely recommend Delhi Club before other local Indian takeout restaurants. Their food is excellent, they serve up some great naan and it even comes in a really convenient take out tray type thing, rather than two or three styrofome cups (so you can eat it during a meeting or at your desk without worrying about spilling something). It's a little more expensive than some local takeout, but the quality is also much better. And, it's ready when you arrive. If you don't know what you want when you order, just let them know what you like (which is what we did) and they'll match you up with something.

Posted by: Delhi Club Takeout | April 22, 2005 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I'm still a big fan of Delhi Dhaba in Arlington... they are awesome for takeout!

Posted by: Anonymous | April 22, 2005 1:10 PM | Report abuse

I think their food has really gone downhill. I ate there a few weeks ago with friends and everything we had was far too sweet--even for a nine year old.

Posted by: Richard | April 24, 2005 6:34 PM | Report abuse