Posted at 1:54 PM ET, 07/ 7/2005

July Sales

By washingtonpost.com

Start your engines, ladies and gentlemen; summer sales have begun. Betsy Fisher is holding its traditional Summer Gambler's Sale, which begins today with reductions of 30 percent on just about all spring and summer clothing, shoes and accessories. The reductions continue until the week of July 28, when you don't have to bet that most of the goods will be gone. Nevertheless, the ones that remain are slashed 75 percent off.

Sashay on over to Sassanova for deals on Delman flats and Lulu Guiness pumps. There are never sales on jeans at the Denim Bar, according to owner Mauro Farinelli, but Fred Perry preppy shirts are on sale -- for 40 percent off -- as is the spring and summer stock from Tocca and Rebecca Taylor and funky golf wear from Rosasen. If you're in town this weekend, head to Carbon for savings on unique shoe brands, such as Tsubo, Tonya & Justine, Medium, Miz Mooz, Mark Nason, Royal Elastics, J Shoes and Oliver. And speaking of this weekend, do check out the Adams Morgan Bazaar this Saturday from 1 to 11 p.m. at the Marie Reed School near 18th Street and Wyoming Avenue Northwest. The market will feature 50 vendors offering everything from clothes and food to home accents and gifts. Rock to the music of local bands while you're shopping and eating.

-- Janet

By washingtonpost.com  | July 7, 2005; 1:54 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another Blossom Festival
Next: Q and Not U, Not Much Longer

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

Sassanova sucks. Snotty ladies, bad selection, too-high prices. You'd think they and Sugar were run by the same people!!

Posted by: Me | July 7, 2005 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Best bet is Wild Women Wear Red! Still $$, but deservedly so.

Posted by: Me, too | July 7, 2005 2:20 PM | Report abuse

wow- I am surprised by your comment on Sugar. I have shopped there for years and the owner as well as all employees have been extremely courteous, friendly and unaffected by the Georgetown scene.

Posted by: not me | July 7, 2005 5:00 PM | Report abuse

I read Janet's brief review for Betsy Fisher and I'm intrigued. Does this store carry plus sizes? Or does a curvaceous sister have to buy all her fashion online AND doesn't get any love from the runway clothing lines like Vivienne Tam? C'mon there are plus size Asian women too.

Posted by: Super+Model | July 7, 2005 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, where can women that wear sizes 12+ go and get cute clothes here in DC?
I just moved here and I am 5'7 and wear a size 14...where can people like me go to buy trendy, fun, casual (and sometimes conservative) clothes?

Posted by: Curvy and Cute | July 7, 2005 5:23 PM | Report abuse

How about spending that money on a trainer instead!

Posted by: Seriously | July 7, 2005 5:32 PM | Report abuse

That is just rude!! Being a size 14 doesn't make one necessarily overweight! Check out this refreshing take by a group of guys: http://clevelandparkmensclub.blogspot.com

Posted by: That's just rude | July 8, 2005 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Um, can we remove that comment by "Seriously?" Actually, if you're on U St to see Carbon, stopping by Wild Women Wear Red is worth a shot. They're having a summer sale also ... 25% off many of their spring and summer shoes. And, if you haven't stopped in recently, they have added some nice selections on the lower end of the price scale (I got a pair of really cute leather wedges for $15).

Posted by: Nzinga | July 8, 2005 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to the poster who provided the CPMC blog page -- loved their commentary on the Dove ads! Might not be related to shoe and clothing sales, the subject of this blog page, but of great interest this female shopper nonetheless. And while we're on the subject, I love the Dove ads! They remind me that I'm normal, which is nice as there's no objective reason why I should feel fat as a size 8/10. (I second the idea of removing the comment posted by "Seriously.") More on point, though, I've been meaning to check out both Carbon and Wild Women Wear Red, so thanks for the sale info.

Posted by: Realist | July 9, 2005 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Pop on 14th is having a sale right now, too. Haven't been up there yet, but I am sure it's worth checking out. Fun and friendly store.
(http://www.shoppop.com/contact.html)

Posted by: riaNW | July 19, 2005 11:24 AM | Report abuse

If you are a size 12 or 14 you are overweight. Accept it, fight your fate of heart disease and heart attacks and get on the freaking treadmill.

Posted by: True | August 26, 2005 4:07 PM | Report abuse