Posted at 3:34 PM ET, 09/29/2005

Be A Movie Star

By Jen Chaney

... or at least be a movie extra. You could appear in the movie "The Visiting" -- the same Nicole Kidman film we blogged about last week -- if you head to this casting call on Saturday at One Judiciary Square.

You must be 18 or older to apply. All you need to bring is a pen and a recent color photo of yourself, but you should bring a resume if you have one. The call starts at 10 a.m., and you'd be wise to arrive early. And if you're wondering what to wear, I suggest you dress as normally as you can. Extras are supposed to look like regular folks who can easily blend into the background. Showing up wearing a replica of Kidman's fake nose from "The Hours"? Not such a hot idea.

-- Jen

By Jen Chaney  | September 29, 2005; 3:34 PM ET
Categories:  Movies
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Festival Season
Next: Random Thoughts

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

yesterday at noon outside the gallery place cinema, i saw like 6 studly young men wearing nothing but hanes briefs and having their photos taken. now i'm insanely curious. commercial? audition? anyone know?

Posted by: stefanie | October 2, 2005 3:23 PM | Report abuse

the casting call link is not working. :(

Posted by: Annie | October 7, 2005 8:44 AM | Report abuse

okay, i am guessing that the story is old and that the casting call was last weekend. thanks, express, for putting it in the paper *today* as if it's news. way to research!

Posted by: Annie | October 7, 2005 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Yeah... you guys are like way late. Way to go.

Posted by: Nova | October 7, 2005 10:03 AM | Report abuse

I was very, very, very unhappy to get up early, drag myself out in the worst rain we have seen in a great while and get there to talk to a security guard who looked at me like I was clueless. Being last minute I went to Kinko's to print out a new resume with the films I have done and to get there and there not actually BE an open call, I was saddened to say the least.

Posted by: Unhappy Professional | October 8, 2005 1:23 PM | Report abuse