Most of the Gurus are pretty jazzed about tonight's season premiere of "Lost." So jazzed that we want all of you to be just as excited as we are. Hence we bring you the following list:
Ways to Psych Yourself Up For the New Season of 'Lost'
- Visit Island Jim's Crab Shack, sit in the sand near the tiki bar and pretend you've crash-landed on a deserted island with Matthew Fox. (After a couple of daiquiris, some of the guys at Island Jim's might even start to resemble Matthew Fox.)
- Head to your local 7-11 or neighborhood liquor store and buy a lottery ticket with the numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Watch as your world quickly crumbles around you.
- Invite friends over for a "Lost" party. Once they've assembled, steal their wallets, alcohol and copies of "Watership Down." Then smirk sexily and spend the rest of the evening acting aloof. (This homage to Sawyer was contributed by Erin.)
- Get tickets to see Charlie's band, Drive Shaft, at the 9:30 Club. Actually, I'm just kidding. Drive Shaft isn't playing the 9:30 anytime soon. But M.I.A. is headlining a sold-out show there tonight. So an artist whose name traditionally stands for Missing In Action is performing on the same night as the premiere of "Lost?" Coincidence? I think not.
- Stroll through Melody Music and choose the CDs you'd want if you were stranded on a desert island. (Suggestion courtesy of Julia.)
- Plan to hit the Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage to see these dance troupes -- including one from Hawaii, where "Lost" is filmed -- perform on Sept. 30.
- In honor of Oceanic Air Flight 815, have a meal at Oceanaire.
- Take your pooch to a local dog park. Ask if any of the other dogs are named Vincent.
- Go searching for Green Lantern comics at one of these shops. If you find an edition with a polar bear on the cover, run.
The comments to this entry are closed.