Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 11:32 AM ET, 01/17/2006

Fire in Adams Morgan

By Fritz Hahn

Firefighters were called to Adams Morgan nightspots Chloe and Saki yesterday afternoon after what General Manager Danny Coyle termed "a small electrical fire" started in the building's office. (Chloe is located directly above Saki, and the two are both owned by Alireza "Haji" Hajaligholi.)

Multiple ladder trucks were on the scene when I went past yesterday afternoon, and Chloe's second-story windows were knocked out. Damage appeared to be extensive, and the air smelled of burnt plastic and wood hours later. Nevertheless, Coyle said he is hopeful the clubs will reopen this weekend.

-- Fritz

By Fritz Hahn  | January 17, 2006; 11:32 AM ET
Categories:  Bars and Clubs  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Music to Mark on Your Calendars
Next: The Tell-Tale Part

 
Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

I can't believe the firefighters saved that place! Chloe is a terrible club...overpriced and full of muscle-bound, idiot bouncers. They should let it burn next time.

Posted by: Lisa T. | January 30, 2006 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Heh! Sounds like old Haji was careless with his matches. Fire insurance? First of the year? This all spells "arson" to moi.

Posted by: samtheoldaccordianman | February 8, 2006 11:22 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company