Posted at 12:17 PM ET, 02/ 1/2006

Searching for Seahawks

By Fritz Hahn

Okay, Seattle fans -- I'm stumped. Everyone knows that the Pour House will be Steeler Central on Sunday. Heck, people were lining up outside the bar an hour before it opened for the AFC Championship game. Off the Hill, though, I've seen rowdy crowds in black and gold in Cleveland Park, downtown and in Clarendon. Seattle fans -- not so much.

The official Seahawks booster club -- the Seahawkers -- says that the official gathering spot for fans in this area is a Hooters in Fairfax. I wish I were making that up.

Some bars are marketing themselves as Steelers bars for this week only. (I'm looking at you, Dr. Dremo's.) Anyone know of a sports bar or tavern that's welcoming Seahawks fans with open arms, or at least has a regular crowd of Seattle ex-pats?

You nonpartisans can browse our list of Super Bowl-related specials here.

By Fritz Hahn  | February 1, 2006; 12:17 PM ET
Categories:  Bars and Clubs
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Black Cat Goes Smoke-Free (Twice)
Next: 'Measure' Up

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

If anyone knows where the University of Washington alums hang out to watch college football, that may be a good clue. I know the University of Oregon/Oregon State alums go ton Summers' in Arlington to watch their teams'football games, so that may be a good starting point for the Pacific Northwest sports fan.

Posted by: Courtney Dow | February 1, 2006 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Courtney Dow | February 1, 2006 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I've been looking for Seattle sports fans in DC since I moved here in August, with little luck. I've run into a few Seahawks fans while watching games at various bars and we all agree there are very few of us in this town and there is no coordinated effort to watch games together. I was sort of holding out hope that a place would at least turn up for this Sunday but I'm not so sure anymore. We'll see... I must say, the abundance of Steelers bars/fans around has been pretty annoying all season.

Posted by: Anders H | February 1, 2006 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Seattle fans should try the Crystal City Sports Club.

Posted by: na | February 1, 2006 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you Anders H. I'm a Seattle transplant and have found very few other Seahawks fans. I was at the Skins-Hawks game and there weren't too many of us there either.
Searched the web for a local Seahawks and found nothing. Maybe someone should post something on Craigslist to get a group together.

Posted by: Barbara M. | February 1, 2006 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Here We Go Steelers, HERE WE GO

Posted by: Yinzer | February 1, 2006 4:49 PM | Report abuse

The Washington State Society is holding their party at Union Pub (formerly Red River Grill), so that might be the best bet for celebrating the victory with other Seahawks fans.

Posted by: Alyssa M. | February 1, 2006 5:25 PM | Report abuse

The owner of Union Pub has no idea that the Washington State Society is coming, and much of the bar is going to be closed for a private party sponsored by Pros in the City, so the WSS people might want to call ahead.

Posted by: Fritz | February 2, 2006 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Too many darn Steelers bars around. Why is it that every other bar bills itself as a "Steelers bar"?

Posted by: Courtney | February 3, 2006 12:28 PM | Report abuse

The same reason that every other bar billed itself as a "Red Sox bar" in Fall 2004.

Posted by: Fritz | February 3, 2006 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I give up! I'm staying home where I can eat good food, not pay $5/beer and have to sit in the company of steelers fans....

Posted by: Hawks fan | February 3, 2006 4:00 PM | Report abuse