Posted at 2:41 PM ET, 05/19/2006

Summer Lovin'

By Erin

If you're like me, you've been wondering about the dates for the the summer 2006 Restaurant Week since January when the winter promotional week ended. Well, I just received confirmation from the Washington, DC Convention & Tourism Corporation that this year's Restaurant Week, that glorious week when well over 100 local restaurants will offer three-course lunch specials for $20.06 and dinners for $30.06, is taking place from August 14-20. While the full list of participating restaraunts will not be posted until late June or even early July, you can be sure that Restaurant Week favorites like DC Coast, Ceiba and Corduroy will be included.

I'll be sure to fill you in as information on participating restaurants starts to come in, but for now, mark your calendars and prep your stomachs for a week of fantastic food. Have you participated in Restaurant Week before? Have favorites? Meals you'd rather forget?

--Erin

By Erin  | May 19, 2006; 2:41 PM ET
Categories:  Restaurants
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: One Great "Body"
Next: Waiting to Fly? Expect Delays

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

Galileo was a serious disappointment during Restauarnt Week, the portions were SO small.

However, Neyla was a pretty good deal, as I recall!

Posted by: Christian (Silver Spring) | May 19, 2006 7:18 PM | Report abuse

I actually had a great experience with Galileo last Restaurant Week--the portions weren't huge, but the food was great and I left feeling full. I also had a great dinner at Restaurant Kolumbia two RWs ago, and a fantastic time at Tuscana West.

The one bad time I had was at Taberna del Alabardero. The portions were small and bland, and the food wasn't representative of their regular menu. Big disappointment that's kept me from going back there.

Posted by: Carolyn | May 21, 2006 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Colvin Run Tavern was outstanding when I ate there during the last restaurant week.

Posted by: Kathleen | May 22, 2006 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Last RW, I did 5 days of lunches and dinners. The best was DC Coast. They offered the whole menu with a small upcharge on only 2 items. The absolute worst was Taberna del Alabardero. There were only 2-3 options for each course for dinner and ALL of them were disgusting. My friends even sent back the first appitizer and tried the second. That one was gross too. I order off the regular menu (it was Thursday and I was RW'ed-out) and I loved what I had. So maybe the restaurant does liv eup to the hype, but during RW, they certainly did NOT put their best foot forward.

The trick is to go to a place that offers entrees from their REGULAR menu and NOT items that they have created JUST for RW. Also, the more options they offer from the regular menu, the better.

Posted by: LJ | May 25, 2006 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Are the dates for restaurant week confirmed for August. Last year it was July. Just seems a bit late

Posted by: sammy | May 30, 2006 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I am so jealous that such a thing exists... I am stuck here with nothing but rice and beans in Central America, oh, that´s a lie, there are tortillas as well

Posted by: marya | May 30, 2006 3:11 PM | Report abuse