Posted at 10:51 AM ET, 08/18/2006

Expanded Week-ness

By Erin

I just returned from vacation and, while I had the time of my life romping around and trying new dishes including kudu and ostrich, I was sorry to have missed a huge portion of Restaurant Week. For those of you who missed the boat and didn't get your reservations in time or just forgot, several restaurants have come to our aid with extended specials.

Butterfield 9, a Gurus' pick for local romantic restaurant, hopes to draw promotion-loving diners through Aug. 27 with items like pork medallions and a fresh peach shortcake. Charlie Palmer Steak, one of our picks for favorite steaks, extends the special through Aug. 26 with a list that offers two steak options, in addition to a grilled peach salad and salmon. Dino lets hungry patrons choose any appetizer, an entree or pasta and any dessert through Aug. 24. For a small supplement, the restaurant offers wine flights.

I Ricchi's menu special, available through Aug. 31, includes a winter vegetable risotto and creamy mushroom pasta. Indebleu extends through Aug. 27 with choices like a lobster "cappuccino" and salmon on eggplant mash. Mie N Yu's menu, also available through Aug. 27, offers spicy tuna tartare, short ribs and a whole rockfish for two.

If you're very late on the draw, Oya will have seasonal dishes, like yellow tomato soup and a banana bread pudding, through Sept. 9. As I reported earlier this summer, 1789 is not participating in Restaurant Week, but the restaurant is offering a stellar dinner offer through Sept. 13.

The week isn't over yet, so let me live vicariously through you with your reviews and feedback. Any great new finds or amazing dishes?

--Erin

By Erin  | August 18, 2006; 10:51 AM ET
Categories:  Restaurants
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Snakes' Are Here
Next: Time for a Pop Quiz!

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

You can see my reviews and commentary about Restaurant Week experiences at http://cuveeamericain.blogspot.com

Posted by: Unbleached Brun | August 18, 2006 12:28 PM | Report abuse

District Chop House is the best, for dinner, large appetizers, entree, salad and dessert, almost too much to eat.

Posted by: cd | August 18, 2006 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Dinner at Farenheit was great, but lunch at Agraria was FAB! The romaine salad was crisp, green, and tangy. The spinach ravioli was excellent, the roasted eggplant was a like a creamy pate. And the peach ice cream sandwich was light and spicy! I can't wait to go back and try the carpaccio!

Posted by: Wisecracking Tofumidget | August 21, 2006 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Dino is extending restaurant week till September 3. Full menu. Wines over $50 a bottle 33% off Sunday thru Wednesday as well. Disclosure: I am the owner of Dino.

Posted by: dean | August 22, 2006 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Fortunately, I had many great Restaurant Week experiences this summer, which helped make up for an extremely bad experience at Galileo last winter. Good places to note: Kinkead's (great food, though slow service), Rasika (great food & service), Tosca (a great bargain for lunch - they generously let you choose from the entire menu, of which the entrees alone go for around $20), Restaurant Kolumbia, and Viridian. I hope to be as fortunate during the next Restaurant Week!

Posted by: DCenthusiast | August 24, 2006 3:50 PM | Report abuse

My friends and I loved Oya. I started with the shrimp roll, which was good. My boyfriend had a salad, which he complimented (pretty impressive!). Both the salmon and the steak were great. They had some options for vegetarians, which left the veg among us pretty stuffed. The bread pudding was solid and I only heard good things about the "Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate" desert.
The one thing that could have been better - my friend got the wine flight with his meal and the last wine was very syrupy. Otherwise, a wonderful meal! I hope to return!

Posted by: KZinDC | August 30, 2006 10:37 AM | Report abuse