Posted at 2:25 PM ET, 05/25/2007

Pool Season is Underway

By Fritz Hahn

"TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE..." begins the question from Faith, of Swann Street, Washington, D.C. "Are there any hotel pools, preferably outdoor, that have a daily rate? Two girlfriends and I would love to spend Memorial day by the pool drinking lovely cocktails. The several that I've called only have long-term memberships. Please advise."

We feel your pain, Faith. I called around and found that most hotels are limiting pool use to guests-only. There are exceptions -- the Washington Plaza Hotel sells pool memberships to the public, for example, but those sell out every year.

The only outdoor pool I found in the District that's open to the public is at the Marriott Wardman Park, where you can pay $10 to swim between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.

On a related note, five of D.C.'s outdoor pools are set to open their doors for the summer on Saturday at noon: Anacostia, Francis, Georgetown, Kenilworth Parkside and Oxon Run. Too bad they frown on poolside cocktails.

Four more public pools, including Upshur and Randall, open June 2.

Admission is free to residents with an ID. Non-residents pay $7 for adults, $4 for children 6 to 17 and $3 for kids under 6.

--Fritz

By Fritz Hahn  | May 25, 2007; 2:25 PM ET
Categories:  Misc.
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: News to Digest
Next: Pick a Picnic Purveyor

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

just sneak into one at an apartment complex

Posted by: Ed | May 30, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

The Courtyard Marriott on Connecticut Avenue lets you buy a day pass for their pool

Posted by: J | May 30, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

The Washington Plaza Hotel's pool memberships sold out in 2 weeks back in April according to the concierge I just spoke with.

Peace Not War!

Posted by: SurfsUp | June 4, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I am just looking for advice from experienced bloggers. (sorry for little off-theme)

marge

Posted by: marge | June 6, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

if you're a hot female with hot friends then come to The Arogonne rooftop pool (16th and Columbia)301.221.5129 and drink cocktails for free in the sun :)

Posted by: darius | June 6, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

watch out Darius. I might just call you on Saturday ;)

Posted by: stacey | June 6, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

The Argonne was insane last weekend! I felt like I was on Spring Break...lol. Can't think of a better way to party on the weekends...

Posted by: Nima | June 7, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

i'll see you saturday, darius!

Posted by: Susan | June 7, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse