Posted at 1:44 PM ET, 07/26/2007

Virgin Festival Schedule Released

By David Malitz

Heading out to Pimlico next weekend for Virgin Festival? Now you can start planning your hour-by-hour itinerary. The schedule was just released, check it out after the jump.

Saturday, Aug. 4

4:00-4:50 -- Peter Bjorn and John
5:30-6:30 -- LCD Soundsystem
7:15-8:15 -- TV on the Radio
8:45-10:00 -- Modest Mouse

Dance Tent
Noon-12:50 -- Shout Out Out Out Out
1:00-1:50 -- Miguel Migs (Petalpusher)
2:00-2:50 -- Booka Shade

Dance Tent
Noon-12:30 -- Dan Deacon
12:30-1:10 -- Girl Talk
1:10-3:10 -- Dieselboy & Andy C
3:10-4:25 -- James Zablela
4:35-5:50 -- Infected Mushroom
6:00-7:30 -- The Crystal Method (DJ set)
7:30-9:00 -- Deep Dish (Dubfire + Sharam)
9:10-10:00 -- M.I.A.

So, what will be your toughest decisions? LCD Soundsystem/TV on the Radio vs. Beastie Boys looks like a tough one at first glance. When will you check out the non-musical offerings? Also, be sure to watch for a special Virgin Festival blog launching Monday on washingtonpost.com. In the week leading up to the festival it will have interviews with featured performers, followed by real-time dispatches from Pimlico next weekend.

By David Malitz  | July 26, 2007; 1:44 PM ET
Categories:  Music
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nightlife Agenda Pick of the Week
Next: 'Simpsons Movie': Plenty of 'Ha-Has!'

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

if smashing pumpkins would switch nights with the police, I'd totally go on Sunday.

Posted by: daryl | July 27, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I have no problem with the first day, but the second presents a few conflicts:

Spoon - Explosions in the Sky
(I'm thinking Explosions is where it's at)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Wu Tang - Crystal Method
(Sorry Yeah Yeah Yeahs... there's only so much hip hop at the fest)

Smashing Pumpkins - M.I.A.
(I've seen MIA enough times to pass her up if necessary.... but oh you best know I don't want to)

Posted by: Josh | July 27, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

why isn't chris cornell on the schedule?!?!?

Posted by: april | July 27, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

why isn't chris cornell on the schedule!?!?!?!

Posted by: april | July 27, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Cornell backed out a while ago.

Posted by: Josh | July 27, 2007 12:22 PM | Report abuse

This is going to be a great weekend!! I'm so excited. Sunday is going to the a tough day to decide which bands I want to see over another.

Smashing Pumpkins vs. 311 vs. MIA... I don't know!

Posted by: contemplating | July 27, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

yeah alot of people are mad about the police/modest mouse conflict, but i am really mad about the Smashing Pumpkins/M.I.A. conflict. I have seen M.I.A. live before, but I really want to see her perform her new stuff and I have heard bad things about the Smashing Pumpkins reunion... but nonetheless it is the Smashing Pumpkins, so I will problem see them anyways.

Posted by: Adam J | July 29, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

lots of conflicts! where is this on the virgin fest, i tried to find it for ages but can't?

Posted by: SR | July 30, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

I meant where is this information on the virgin fest website? sorry!

Posted by: SR2 | July 30, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

chris backed out?! when? right after they announced it? i gots no memo :(

Posted by: april | July 30, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Hi April this is Chris Cornell,

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you I was not going to make it to the festival, but I lost your number. Anyways as you all know, I'm way too cool to go to one of the biggest music events on the East Coast because.... I mean who are "The Police" or the "Smashing Pumpkins" anyways? Gotta run, it's lunch time and I'm goooinnn hunnngryyyy GOINN HUNGRRRYYYYYYEAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Posted by: Chris Cornell | July 30, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Is the South Stage smaller than the North Stage because if so, why in God's name would Modest Mouse be on the South Stage?!?!

Posted by: SZZZZ | July 31, 2007 1:07 AM | Report abuse

The fact that Modest Mouse and the Police are playing at the same time is a disgrace!I feel totally ripped off! I will be running back and forth between the North and South stage all day long. What a pain in the butt.

Posted by: J.Z. | July 31, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: J.Z. | July 31, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

The Police/Modest Mouse conflict pisses me off too, I think when the headliners of the show are on stage, there should be no other bands playing on the other stage. They did the same thing last year with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Flaming Lips, RHCP rocked by the way.

Posted by: Matt J | July 31, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Bad call... the Lips are fantastic live and RHCP plays too much of their new junk.

Posted by: Dan | July 31, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

all the scheduling sucks

Posted by: sarah | August 2, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

all the scheduling sucks i think

Posted by: sarah | August 2, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

The Police and Modest Mouse at the same time? Thats retarded. TV On The Radio and Beastie Boys at the same time? Whoever did the schedule is retarded and needs to be fired and seek psychiatric help.

Posted by: Charlie Mitchell | August 3, 2007 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Charlie Mitchell | August 3, 2007 12:14 AM | Report abuse

I LOOOVE this lineup....but it's going to be hot as all get the fark out this weekend...Comfort rules :P Plus, I'm heading out of town...AHHHH, A/C!

Posted by: ChickieBaby | August 3, 2007 7:09 AM | Report abuse

it's all about the north stage baby!! just gotta find time to check out the midget wrestling tent!! woo hoo!

Posted by: aiko | August 3, 2007 8:27 AM | Report abuse

virgin fest rocks! could not decide pumpkins/311/m.I.a.? m.I.a. won after all. she freakin brought the dance tent down! sucks that I missed out on pumpkins and 311. there's always next time. hate that they scheduled those three together. did you guys see richard branson and darryl hannah?

Posted by: towel girl | August 6, 2007 1:47 AM | Report abuse

Pumpkins best concert ever>>>I mean come on>>>
Superchrist

Posted by: Iampy | August 6, 2007 3:54 AM | Report abuse

Billy Corgan really cares about the fans......Pumpkins are so amazing

Posted by: Review artist | August 6, 2007 3:57 AM | Report abuse