Posted at 3:29 PM ET, 12/21/2007

The Restaurant Week List

By Erin

Ask and you shall receive. In yesterday's Got Plans?, we were inundated with requests for where to eat during Restaurant Week. The list of Restaurant Week participants has been posted. So start scrambling to make your reservations. Here are some of my suggestions and thoughts.

Notable newcomers:
Spezie has gotten a boost lately from Cesare Lanfranconi, formerly of Tosca.

Sure, The Palm isn't new, but the look is. This is a rare opportunity to spend just $20 on the pleasure of an authentic D.C. power lunch.

I was unimpressed by my first (and only) meal at Il Mulino. It's heavy food that leaves your wallet feeling very light. If you can't resist the temptation to try it, Restaurant Week would be the time to do it. Usually, $30 won't even get you in the door.

Some of my favorites:
I love Rasika and would use any excuse to go. Dinner for $30? I'm there.

The same goes for D'Acqua, which has wowed me recently with perfect flavors and ultra-fresh fish. Seafood that good can get expensive, so go for the deal.

Vidalia's RJ Cooper didn't win a James Beard Award for nothing. The Southern food is fabulous and the full menu is offered. Stop in early to take advantage of happy hour wine specials and you'll have a bargain-filled night.

701 is another favorite with an extensive promotion menu.

Can't dine during the promotion week? Check out these extensions:
Charlie Palmer Steak offers its $20 lunch special year-round.
Dino offers its full menu at Restaurant Week prices from Jan. 2nd through 31st.
Butterfield 9 extends the deal from Jan. 7 through 26th.
Cafe Atlantico, Zaytinya, Oyamel and all three locations of Jaleo will serve up specials through the 27th.
As I reported a few weeks ago, 1789 extends the special, offered only at dinner, through Jan. 27, while Corduroy offers deals at lunch and dinner through Jan. 26.

Where are you booking tables?

--Erin

By Erin  | December 21, 2007; 3:29 PM ET
Categories:  Restaurants
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Mixtape, 2007
Next: Bowled Over

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

I hear some restaurants that are not on the "list" do well for those looking to avoid the "week" crowds -- Olives is one.

Posted by: Michael Birchenall | December 26, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

What would really be useful is the list of which restaurants are offering their full menu for the Restaurant Week price. After many years, I've noticed that the "Restaurant Week special" at many places (even great places) doesnt highlight the chef's talents.

Posted by: Where is info I can use | January 2, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Great deal , try restaurant week at filomena ristorante. they offer a diversified menu: vegetarian, meat and poultry, seafood as well as their homemade pastas " ravioli, gnocchi...". potions are really good compare to other restaurants and flavor is the real authentic italian, i am used to . Filomena is really one of the restaurants not to be missed.

Posted by: arda | January 10, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

I second the thumbs-up for Filomena. It was really great, went there for RW lunch last time.

On the other hand, Butterfield 9 was highly disappointing. Overrated. Too many tables in too small a space, so it was cramped and loud. Awfully slow and inattentive service. And tiny portions of food that really wasn't anything to write home about.

Posted by: Deborah | January 11, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Went to Vidalia last year for RW and had an awful experience. We really felt like the servers looked down upon us for being RW diners. Had to ask multiple times for refills on water, did not get bread that surounding tables received, and our check was delivered with our dessert. I'll never go back there - no deal is that good.

Posted by: Lucinda | January 11, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I've got to disagree with the comment about Butterfield 9. I went last year (in Aug) for lunch and it was one of the best RW experiences I've had. Great selection (not limited to just one or two choices), attentive service, and really delicious food!

Posted by: SNC | January 11, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Places that are good during RW: Tosca, DC Coast, Oval Room, Zola, Charlie Palmer Steak.

Not so good: Caucus Room, BLT Steak (I don't think they're participating this time).

This time I am going to Spezie, PS7 and Zola.

Posted by: Ithink | January 11, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse