Posted at 11:20 AM ET, 08/ 8/2008

Fort Reno TBD: Shudder To Think?

By David Malitz

So last night Fritz and I were still in the office working at 7:45. Instead of actually being at Fort Reno, we were instead talking about it, trying to figure out who the TBD for next Thursday's series finale was going to be. Fritz offered Shudder To Think as a possibility. It made sense to me. The former Dischord band is just getting back together and its first big gig is this weekend at Virgin Festival. Then I remembered something odd that singer Craig Wedren said to me on the phone Wednesday when I talked to him in advance of that Virgin Festival performance. I mentioned how it was odd that the only area show for the band was at a high-priced festival that might not be ideal for big fans of the band. He responded with:

"We will address that when the show is over. We're not going to breeze through Baltimore and have that be it for our home town. That's all I can say about it right now."

I didn't think much of it then but after Fritz brought them up as a possibility it made perfect sense. Fort Reno would have to keep it as TBD on the schedule until after the festival so as not to conflict with Virgin Festival ticket sales. And if it was just "another" bill of three local bands there would be no reason to keep it secret for this long.

So we'll go on the record with our prediction: Shudder To Think will play at Fort Reno on Thursday, Aug. 14. Let's see if we're prophets or fools.

-- David

By David Malitz  | August 8, 2008; 11:20 AM ET
Categories:  Music
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nightlife Agenda
Next: Hitting the Beach Without Leaving Town

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

that's been my guess too. Wonder when they'll announce who will be there?

Posted by: daryl | August 8, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

it's going to be eddie vedder solo.

Posted by: ftr | August 9, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

kanye west?

Posted by: ds | August 11, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

i don't think virgin's ticket sales would be THAT affected by shudder to think one way or the other, LOL.

Posted by: justin032 | August 11, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the lineup for the 14th is The Jet Age, Yell County, and Title Tracks.

Posted by: Lane | August 11, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse