Sweet Tweets From Taste of the Nation
Only munched on a salad for lunch today because I'm gearing up to eat my way through Taste of the Nation The foodie-fundraiser extravaganza at the Mellon auditorium tonight features food, wine, cocktails and music by DJ Lil' E. I'll be posting bite-size updates via Twitter tonight. You can check it out below or follow us on the microblogging powerhouse.
* Running late to the foodie festival Taste of the Nation. So psyched to chow down! 7:08 p.m.
* I'm so hungry that a Filet O' Fish commercial in the car actually sounded good to me a minute ago. 7:19 p.m.
* Holy food fest, it is crazy in here. People from wall to wall in this not-so-big ballroom. Staff estimates about 1000. 7:36 p.m.
* Totally meant to make a beeline to the bar but got distracted by chef drewno (the source) and spicy tuna tartare in a sesame seed cone. 7:39 p.m.
* overheard at the bar: drunk older bald man is ISO a girlfriend. any takers? 7:41 p.m.
* pork and fennel come together beautifully at the mio table. 7:48 p.m.
* fellow postie jane black has sent me off in search of amazing tuna tartare at restaurant eve. got distracted by pulled pork at blt steak. 7:51 p.m.
* overheard on the floor: i think chef kaz hates facebook. 7:52 p.m.
* get to eve's booth.... no food. 7:55 p.m.
* rj cooper just said "helllllllooooo" from the stage to get everyone's attention. it did not work. 7:58 p.m.
* Smoke? in a cocktail? if anyone can do it's the gibson's derek brown. result is a winey cocktail that smells like a fireplace. 8:01 p.m.
* i <3 bourbon steak but something about that waygu beef in a shotglass was dubious. drinking beef? 8:10 p.m.
* i type this as a very happily married woman, but, man, there is just something sexy about a man in chef's whites. 8:14 p.m.
* especially when those men have accents. 8:15 p.m.
* apparently former nfl stars go into auctioneering. and they're not very good at it. live in auction in a few. when this dude stops talking. 8:19 p.m.
* "cauliflower cocktail, it'll change your life," says teatro's chef enzo. i slurp the white mash out of a dixie cup. 8:30 p.m.
* "did you feel it? did it change yet?" 8:31 p.m.
* dude is this auctioneer really still talking? 8:36 p.m.
* chef carla from top chef is indeed in the house. everyone's taking pictures with her. 8:49 p.m.
* the night's winding down. the auction is closing and everything except the dessert is getting packed away, so i'm gonna call it a night. 8:51 p.m.
The comments to this entry are closed.