Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 11:22 AM ET, 06/11/2009

Regine Palladin Plans to Beef Up Her Block

By Tom Sietsema

Just last year, Regine Palladin was talking about retiring. Now, it looks as if the 60-year-old restaurateur is about to be busier than ever as she prepares to transfer Pesce, her 35-seat seafood restaurant, to the former Montsouris space nearby. She also wants to add another spot to eat -- and one devoted to meat -- to her slice of Dupont Circle.

Pesce's short move, which is planned for August and includes current chef Arnaud Perreau, should be good for everyone, says Palladin.The new digs will give Perreau a bigger kitchen and customers 40 extra seats and a bar.

The change begs the question: What's going into the original Pesce? I can almost see Palladin smile as she tells me on the phone that she's bringing veteran Washington chef David Craig back from the Midwest to help open a new concept: Confit will specialize in small plates and charcuterie.

"I have to have confit and foie gras!" says Palladin, a native of the Gascony region in southwest France. "They are my roots," she adds. Details with her landlord have yet to be worked out, but if all goes well, Palladin hopes to open Confit in September.

-- Tom Sietsema

By Tom Sietsema  | June 11, 2009; 11:22 AM ET
Categories:  Restaurants  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Putting the Art in Party
Next: Chat With Us

 
Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company