What's closed Tuesday
Since reports say there's more of the white stuff on the way, some major venues are still closed on Tuesday. (We're beginning to think the Snoverkill option in the name-this-storm poll could be a winner.) We'll keep a running list of Tuesday updates on this post.
Closed on Tuesday:
• All Smithsonian museums, except the Museum of Natural History and the Air and Space Museum
• National Gallery of Art
• National Archives
• Phillips Collection
• Folger Shakespeare Library
• The Strathmore will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday
• The major outdoor events during the City of Alexandria's George Washington Birthday Celebration have been canceled, including Saturday's 10K race and the parade on Monday.
• The Birchmere has canceled tonight's Neville Brothers concert and postponed Wednesday's Dr. John show.
• Shakespeare Theatre Company has canceled Tuesday's performance of "Henry V" at Harman Hall.
• Signature Theatre has canceled the Tuesday night performances of "Sweeney Todd" and "I Am My Own Wife."
• Tuesday's Joshua Bell concert at Strathmore has been postponed to March 3.
• Brightest Young Things' inaugural "Cruisin'" party, scheduled for Thursday, now won't take to the water until Feb. 18.
• The Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks game that was to happen last Saturday has been rescheduled for March 11 at 7 p.m. Tickets will be honored for the new date, or they can be exchanged at the Verizon Center box office for certain other Wizards games.
• All National Geographic Live events have been canceled for Tuesday. The museum is open, but it may close early on Tuesday. Call 202-857-7588 for updates.
• Tonight's SpeakeasyDC performance, "After Hours: Stories about Things that Happen at Night," has been postponed.
• Tuesday night's "Call + Response" panel discussion at Hamiltonian Gallery has been canceled.
• The Chesapeake Shakespeare Company is postponing opening night of "Lysistrata" until Thursday, Feb. 18.
• Dumbarton Concerts has rescheduled its already rescheduled performance that was set to take place on Saturday, Feb. 13. The concert will now happen on March 6 at 8 p.m.
• Jammin' Java shows Tuesday and Wednesday are off. Canibus (Tuesday) is canceled; Green River Ordinance (Wednesday) is postponed.
• Shows at DC9 on Tuesday (Inlets) and Wednesday (the Delta Spirit) have both been canceled.
• International Arts & Artists has canceled February's First Friday event -- originally postponed from Feb. 5 -- at Hillyer Art Space.
• Wednesday's performances of "Orestes" at the Folger have been canceled.
• This month's Second Thursday Art Night at the Torpedo Factory will become the Third Thursday Art Night, taking place on Feb. 18.
-- Going Out Guide staff
Posted by: efstewart | February 8, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: tzsuggs | February 9, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.