What's closed Wednesday
While some businesses are throwing the doors wide open and offering specials and snow-themed parties, many others are closing and canceling events. We'll add updates about what's not happening on Wednesday and the rest of the week below.
Closed on Wednesday:
• The Black Cat is closed tonight.
• All Smithsonian museums, including the Zoo
• National Gallery of Art
• National Archives
• Transformer Gallery (closed Thursday as well)
• Corcoran Gallery of Art
• National Geographic Museum. Ticket-holders for "Terra Cotta Warriors" will be given alternate viewing hours to see the exhibit. All National Geographic Live programs for Wednesday through Friday have been canceled.
• Holocaust Museum
• Spy Museum
• Library of Congress: most reading rooms and public spaces
• Textile Museum
• The Kennedy Center will close at 3 p.m. today
• First up, we have one of our own. Our February Going Out Guide happy hour, which was scheduled for Thursday, was canceled by the Big Hunt. Our next happy hour will be 6-8 p.m. March 11, and we'll keep you posted on the location for that one.
• George Mason University has postponed tonight's Faculty Artist Series recital with Tim Roberts and Thursday's Visual Voices Speaker Series with David Brown; Thursday-Sunday performances of "tempODYSSEY" have been rescheduled for Feb. 18-21.
• The Charity Fashion Show at One Lounge in Dupont has been postponed until March 17.
• Woolly Mammoth has canceled its pay-what-you-can performance of "Barack Stars" tonight.
• The 9:30 club has canceled the La Roux concert tonight and postponed tomorrow's Goodie Mob show until March 10.
• The Kennedy Center has canceled all performances tonight, including the Mariinsky Ballet's "Sleeping Beauty," "Shear Madness" and the Millennium Stage performance by Olivia Mancini.
• Performances at Harman Hall have been canceled, including "Henry V" and "Antony and Cleopatra."
• All performances at Signature Theatre have been canceled, including "Sweeney Todd" and "I Am My Own Wife."
• Theater J's noon performance of "The Four of Us" has been canceled.
• Wednesday's performance of "Permanent Collection" at Round House Theatre has been canceled.
• Ford's Theatre has canceled performances of "The Rivalry" tonight and tomorrow.
• Studio Theatre's Wednesday performance of "In the Red and Brown Water" has been canceled.
• Rep Stage has canceled tonight's performance of "The Glass Menagerie."
• The Verizon Center's 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30 a.m. Thursday performances of "Disney on Ice" have been canceled.
• Wolf Trap has rescheduled Wednesday's the Bad Plus show for 8 p.m. April 13.
• The National Air and Space Museum's Family Day planned for Saturday has been postponed to Feb. 27.
• At the Textile Museum, Saturday's midwinter Japanese festival for families has been postponed to March 7 from 1-7 p.m.The Friday event, Creative Impulses: Japanese Fashion and Textiles, has been postponed to 6 p.m. March 26. Saturday's public talk and gallery tour has been postponed to 2 p.m. Feb. 21.
• Citronelle's Wednesday wine dinner in honor of Nancy Piho's book "My Two-Year-Old Eats Octopus" has been postponed. A new date has not yet been set.
• La Maison Francaise's Wednesday screening of "Je l'aimais (Someone I Loved)" has been postponed to Sunday at 4 p.m.
• The Black Cat's Wednesday show with Pepi Ginsberg, Pash and Olivia Mancini has been postponed until March 2. Thursday's Title Tracks show has been postponed until March 10.
• The major outdoor events during the City of Alexandria's George Washington Birthday Celebration have been canceled, including Saturday's 10K race and the parade on Monday.
• The Birchmere has postponed Wednesday's Dr. John show.
• Brightest Young Things' inaugural "Cruisin'" party, scheduled for Thursday, now won't take to the water until Feb. 18.
• Dumbarton Concerts has rescheduled its already rescheduled performance that was set to take place on Saturday. The concert will now happen on March 6 at 8 p.m.
• Jammin' Java's Green River Ordinance shows on Wednesday has been postponed.
• Wednesday's The Delta Spirit show at DC9 has been canceled.
• International Arts & Artists has canceled February's First Friday event -- originally postponed from Feb. 5 -- at Hillyer Art Space.
• Wednesday's performance of "Grease" at the National Theatre has been canceled. Tickets can be exchanged for performances Feb. 16-18.
• Wednesday's performances of "Orestes" at the Folger have been canceled.
• This month's Second Thursday Art Night at the Torpedo Factory will become the Third Thursday Art Night, taking place on Feb. 18.
-- Going Out Guide staff
Posted by: dianaokaw | February 9, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: MMCCONVILLE | February 10, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.