Posted at 6:26 PM ET, 07/15/2010

Fringe Festival: Vote for your favorite

By Stephanie Merry

Some of the shows we've seen (clockwise from top left): "Chart Toppers of 1349!" "This Is Your Brain on Rock and Roll," "The Hunchback Variations," and "The Von Pufferhutte Family Singers." (Courtesy Capital Fringe Festival)

For the past week, we've been telling you what Fringe Festival productions we've seen and what we've liked, and now it's your turn. Of the shows we've reviewed so far (excluding the productions that are no longer playing), which has been your favorite? Vote below. Don't see your play of choice? Let us know your Fringe recommendation in the comments.

-- Stephanie Merry

By Stephanie Merry  | July 15, 2010; 6:26 PM ET
Categories:  Theater
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Listen: Chopteeth, Sin Miedo and Funk Ark
Next: Start your weekend with cheap Belgian beers and free cocktails

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

My vote is for The Playwright Zone. If you haven't seen this play yet at the Capital Fringe Festival then you haven't been to the Capital Fringe Festival! I am just saying! Go, See, Review and you will be glad that you did!

Posted by: avirzi25 | July 15, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

One Man Lord of the Rings is not a Fringe show.

Posted by: neversaylie | July 15, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

That's true, neversaylie. I should have mentioned that in the intro: Since we included "One Man Lord of the Rings" in our Fringe coverage (Charlie Ross' previous one-man show was a Fringe show, so we thought that gave him some Fringe cred), I decided to include it in the poll.

Posted by: stephmerry | July 15, 2010 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Dizzy Miss Lizzie's Roadside Revue's performance of Finn McCool was fantastic!

Posted by: mspatterson | July 16, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

I saw paperStrangers Medea last week and it was incredible! I really hope everyone gets a chance to see this breathtaking production. The directing, the acting, the design, all of it, was wildly and creepily moving. Please see this production. They deserve your support. Truly wonderful work.

Posted by: multitalentd | July 17, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Want to see a show to remind you that the 80's were a hot mess of nonsense? "Things I Wrote Before My First Kiss" was 45 minutes of laughter brought on by a set of pros. If "Mr Yuck" or Johnny Depp's intro to entertainment mean anything, or if you actually went to an A HA concert-this is for you. I plan to go again next week. Plus-45 minutes? Excellent.

Posted by: k8lyt | July 18, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

I'll add my vote for The Playwright Zone.

Posted by: swaz61 | July 19, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Cookin' Up Numbers is a Brillant idea and I am no math nerd. Thanks for the imaginative math review everyone, I thought it was great fun. The smell of the Chocolate Chip cookies in the shpae of numbers baking during the performance was a hint that sweetly paid off. The introduction of how math is reflected in our world in a fun way is well with-in the grasp of school age children, as are the brief introductions to theory. I wish I had the exposure at a younger age. Well done.

Posted by: QuailHollowMiniRanch | July 20, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I'll also vote for Dizzy Miss Lizzie's Roadside Revue's Finn Mac Cool!

Posted by: berkeleytim | July 20, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I vote for The Imaginary Autopsee!

Posted by: thelustywench | July 21, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse