Hot tickets: Mary J. Blige, Deerhunter, Sheryl Crow
Mary J. Blige has been a steady force in pop music for nearly two decades. So many acts have come and gone, so many trends in music have gone boom and bust and boom again, and yet Blige consistently has released multi-platinum albums that have ventured across R&B, hip-hop and soul. While Grammy statuettes are not the best barometer for judging a musical career, nobody wins nine by accident. While other acts are sure to fade, and other trends likely to emerge, Blige probably can stay in the limelight for as long as she chooses. Her tour stops at Jiffy Lube Live on Oct. 7. Tickets are $45.75-$105.75 and go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. through Live Nation.
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for these shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Ratatat, DOM and Bobby Birdman, Oct. 7 ($35).
• Built to Spill and Revolt Revolt, Oct. 8 ($25).
• K'Naan, Oct. 10 ($21).
• Kruder & Dorfmeister Live featuring MC Earl Zinger and Ras MC T-Weed, Oct. 11 ($45).
• Deerhunter, Casino vs. Japan and Ducktails, Oct. 12 ($20).
• Boom Boom Satellites, Oct. 13 early show ($20).
• Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Oct. 13 late show ($25).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for The Halloween Hootenanny featuring Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Black Label Society, Clutch, Children of Bodom, Murderdolls and 2Cents, Oct. 17 at Merriweather Post Pavilion ($40-$75).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through the Rams Head Live box office for Disco Biscuits, Oct. 27 at Rams Head Live in Baltimore ($35).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for these shows at the Birchmere:
• Macy Gray, Sept. 27 ($45).
• Eric Benet, Sept. 29 ($59.50).
• The Angela Bofill Experience featuring Maysa, Dave Valentin and the Original Angela Bofill Band, Jan. 31 ($35).
• Walter Beasley, Feb. 5 ($39.50).
Tickets go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. through the Rams Head Live box office for Skillet, Papa Roach, My Darkest Days and Trapt , Oct. 5 at Rams Head Live in Baltimore ($35).
Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 9 a.m. through Mount Vernon for Mount Vernon's Popular Fall Wine Festival & Sunset Tour, Oct. 1-3 ($30).
Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for:
• Celebration of American Poets Laureate, Oct. 6 at the Library of Congress (Free).
• Boo at the Zoo, Oct. 22-24 at the National Zoo ($30).
Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. through Tickets.com for The 2010-11 Hylton Presents season at the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
--Amy Orndorff and Brandon Weigel
| August 25, 2010; 6:42 PM ET
Categories: Events, Music
Save & Share: Previous: David Guas to open Bayou Bakery in Arlington
Next: Getting Up Guide: Oyster shucking, Phillips After 5
The comments to this entry are closed.