Hot tickets: Gorillaz, Jerry Seinfeld, Interpol
Gorillaz, the virtual group founded by Damon Albarn, has always mixed and matched all sorts of different genres, picking elements from hip-hop, pop, electronic music and anything else they want to dabble in. That's how they can have an album with guest appearances from former Clash bandmates Mick Jones and Paul Simonon on one track and Mos Def on another, as they did on this year's "Plastic Beach." The blend they concoct tends to work and has made them one of the biggest bands out there. Well, certainly one of the biggest cartoon bands at least. The group, animated characters and all, comes to Patriot Center on Oct. 11. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster and cost $49.50-$90.
More on-sale dates after the jump.
Tickets go on sale Thursday at 10 a.m. through Ticketfly for these shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Sept. 23 ($25).
• Bullet for My Valentine, Escape the Fate, Black Tide and Drive A, Sept. 25 ($30).
• Eels, Sept. 26 ($25).
• James, Sept. 27 ($27.50).
• Stars and Wild Nothing Sept. 28 ($20).
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster for:
• Interpol and White Rabbits, Nov. 3 at DAR Constitution Hall ($38.50).
• Bill Burr, Nov. 19 at Lisner Auditorium ($27.50).
• Jerry Seinfeld, Nov. 19 at Meyerhoff Symphony Hall ($62-$77).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for:
• The Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems and Bridge and Tunnel, Sept. 28 at Rams Head Live ($22).
• Kevin Hart, Oct. 16 at Baltimore's Meyerhoff Symphony Hall ($36.75).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for these shows at Birchmere:
• Indigo Girls and Mount Moriah, Oct. 24 and 25 ($45).
• Basia, Nov. 4 ($49.50).
• Pieces Of A Dream, Dec. 18 ($35).
• Kathleen Madigan, Jan. 27 ($35).
--Amy Orndorff and Brandon Weigel
| August 11, 2010; 6:44 PM ET
Categories: Events, Music
Save & Share: Previous: Shake Shack coming to Dupont Circle in 2011
Next: Getting Up Guide: A fashionable party and teacher appreciation
The comments to this entry are closed.