Hot tickets: Bob Dylan, Usher, Reel Big Fish
There's little that can be done in this space to explain the legend of Bob Dylan that hasn't already been said. The classic albums pretty much speak for themselves. There was a feature film centered on his mythos. Even reality TV pawn shop employees who can't name a single song of his still understand his importance, and that getting Dylan to sign one of his records ranks among life's coolest moments. So we're just going to let you know that tickets for Dylan's Nov. 13 show at George Washington University's Smith Center go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster at a cost of $55. There's a presale starting Thursday at 10 a.m. That's really all you need to know.
Tickets are on sale now through Ticketfly for these shows at the 9:30 Club:
• Jónsi and Mountain Man, Nov. 9 ($35).
• Maceo Parker and Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Nov. 19 ($29).
• The Frames, Nov. 21 ($25).
• Reel Big Fish, the Aquabats, Suburban Legends and Koo Koo Kanga Roo, Nov. 22 ($25).
• Paul Oakenfold, Nov. 23 ($25).
• Carbon Leaf, Nov. 24 ($25).
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon through Ticketmaster for these shows at the Birchmere:
• Badly Drawn Boy, Dec. 5 ($29.50).
• Jeffrey Osborne, Jan. 13 ($65).
• The Jazz Crusaders featuring Joe Sample, Wilton Felder and Wayne Henderson, April 1 ($65).
• Fourplay, April 3 ($55).
--Amy Orndorff and Brandon Weigel
| October 6, 2010; 7:20 PM ET
Categories: Events, Music
Save & Share: Previous: Getting Up Guide: Flowery cocktails; underground Czech rock
Next: Getting Up Guide: Celebrate at Maddy's; get down with John B.
The comments to this entry are closed.