Weekend Update: Holiday Filmacopoeia
And just like that, holiday movie season is upon us. In today's Weekend section, we preview all ten -- that's right, 10 -- movies hitting area screens this weekend.
• The heavy hitters: Colin Firth's turn as a stuttering King George VI in "The King's Speech"; Jeff Bridges in "Tron: Legacy," a reboot of the 1989 cult sci-fi caper; and Mark Wahlberg as hardscrabble boxer Micky Ward in "The Fighter."
• If you're looking to get out there and frolic in the cold and/or snow, here are the best events happening around town this weekend.
• Oh, it is most definitely hot cocoa time.
• What you'll find DC3, the new 20-seat hot dog joint on Capitol Hill: cotton candy, soft-serve, fried pickles and lots of regional hot dog styles.
• The Smithsonian American Art Museum looks back on 40 years of video-as-art with "Watch This!"
• Gallery opening of the week: Glass sculptor Graham Caldwell at G Fine Art.
• Toasting the season with special brews: Where to find rich, spicy ales perfect for cold winter evenings.
• At D.C. Glassworks, create one-of-a-kind holiday gifts at an open house on Saturday.
• If Tiny TIm leaves you unmoved, a drag-queen cabaret set in a manger or a silly sendup of Christmas songs may be just the thing to thaw your heart.
| December 17, 2010; 7:00 AM ET
Save & Share: Previous: American Ice Company opens tonight
Next: Gallery opening of the week: Graham Caldwell at G Fine Art
The comments to this entry are closed.