Weekend update: New Year's Eve FAQ
We're just three weeks from New Year's Eve, which means it's high time to start panicking about how you don't have any plans yet.
Relax, we're kidding. In today's Weekend section, we take you through the litany of options for the auspicious evening, whether you're looking for a huge blowout or a low-key dinner-and-champagne kind of evening with someone special.
• New Year's Eve live gigs, DJs, dinner specials, happy hours, kid events and fashion tips are all right here.
• From the Downtown Countdown to the National Symphony Orchestra's New Year's Eve gig, browse our NYE listings. More events coming as we find out about 'em.
• Now back to this weekend: The best of what's around.
• Gaithersburg native and ex-Army of Me frontman Vince Scheuerman returns with River James.
• Remember the opening ceremonies for the 2008 Beijing Olympics? Well, one of that spectacle's directors is coming to town with "Forbidden Fruit Under the Great Wall."
• Ousmane Sow's statue of Haitian liberator Toussaint Louverture is reason alone to visit the African Art Museum's "African Mosaic: Celebrating a Decade of Collecting," an exhibition of 112 works held by the institution.
• And if you've been waiting for the region's first art exhibition contained aboard a mass transit vehicle, your time has arrived.
| December 10, 2010; 8:00 AM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Clark to resurrect Colorado Kitchen
Next: On screen this week: 'Narnia,' 'The Tourist,' 'All Good Things'
Posted by: hereandnow1 | December 10, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Alex Baldinger | December 10, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.