Weekend Update: The great outdoors moves indoors
Just because it's cold outside and the footing can be tricky doesn't mean you have to bring all of your recreation indoors. In today's Weekend, we point out different ways you can skip the gym and still keep your activity level humming along just like during shorts weather. Click through for archery, volleyball, rock climbing and more.
Here's what else you can find in the Weekend section today:
• Our best bets for the weekend and beyond, including the return of Strathmore's Friday Night Eclectic series, Swedish dance floor favorites Little Dragon and pay-what-you-can Shakespeare at the Olney Theater.
• If you've already broken your first round of new year's resolutions, make a new one: Strive to improve your nights on the town.
• Lots of sold-out concerts in town this weekend, including Yo La Tengo and a little band called the Dismemberment Plan. Your other options inlcude Twin Tigers, Pierre Bensusan, the Concretes and Bear Hands.
• A trio of Philadelphia museums are worth a trip up I-95.
• Take a trip back in time with the first of a new series of exhibits at the Freer: "Seasons: Chinese Landscapes."
• A look at the war in Iraq through the eyes of an elite Scottish military regiment at Shakespeare Theatre.
| January 21, 2011; 8:00 AM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Team behind Stoney's to re-open Bullfeathers
Next: On screen this week: 'Another Year,' 'Company Men,' 'No Strings Attached'
The comments to this entry are closed.