The best of your D.C. Valentine's Day one-liners
Need a line to score a last-minute date with that guy or gal you've been ogling?
In last week's Got Plans? chat, we asked for your best attempts at D.C. themed one-liners, the type of thing you'd read on a Hallmark card or one of those chalk candy hearts. You did not disappoint; the folks at The Buzz even made digital Valentines out of some of your best responses.
Judging by some of these, I think it's far to say that there are some very, very good Valentine's Days ahead for you. (As for me? Well, I was roundly laughed down for suggesting it was acceptable to use a Groupon on a first date.)
Cupid, take aim:
• I'd give up my seat on the Metro for you.
• If I had to be stuck in traffic for 13 hours with anyone, it would be you.
• Filibuster Me.
• I've been eyeing you from across the aisle.
• You've won a simple majority of my heart.
• My love isn't Smithsonian - it's going to cost you something.
• I'd like to get into your restricted airspace.
• Girl, you're a total Ellipse of the heart.
• Without you, my heart is like a Metro escalator... broken.
• I'll be your George if you'll be my Martha.
• I'd sneak into the state dinner for you.
• I love you like a drunk college student loves Jumbo Slice.
• You raise my marginal interest rate.
• Will you Marion Barry me?
• How about a nice long single-track weekend?