Weekend update: Valentine's Day dates to remember
Valentine's Day can be seriously overblown, unnecessarily stressful and expensive. But let's not dismiss it outright: What other holiday reminds us that love is a fire that needs stoking? In today's Weekend section, we search far and wide for date ideas that are far from the ordinary while still touching on the cornerstones of coupledom: togetherness, adventure and, of course, chocolate.
Here's what else is inside the pages of today's Weekend:
• Hop from the '20s to the '30s to the '90s this weekend. Plus: Tuvan throat singing, over-the-top Israeli power rock and the Chinese New Year parade in Chinatown.
• Super Bowl XLV: Where to watch the Packers and Steelers throw down.
• Morcheeba's original lineup is once again intact, and performing at the 9:30 Club on Thursday.
• Stephanie Merry previews the month of February in theater.
• See the forests for the trees at some of Washington's nearby national forests.
• You know those moments at a family gathering when you think, "What if a photographer could see how wonderful/crazy my family is?" This is your exhibit.
| February 4, 2011; 7:00 AM ET
Categories: Events, Misc., Valentine's Day 2011
Save & Share: Previous: Wagshal's hires former Ardeo chef as culinary director
Next: On screen this week: 'Sanctum,' 'The Illusionist,' 'The Housemaid'