Missing the Flexibility of RFK

Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard

Only a week into the 2008 season, I know what I miss about life at RFK. I miss the freedom with which I could change my season ticket game plan to accommodate a busy summer schedule.

I have tickets to two games this week. Lucky me, you say? Well let's review:

First, my husband foolishly agreed to work late on Wednesday, and we have tickets for Wednesday night's game. Instead of going to Wednesday's game, we can trade in our tickets for one of the future ticket exchange dates listed on the Nationals' Web site and focus on Saturday's game.

Well, my family is in town for the Cherry Blossom parade on Saturday, so we won't be able to attend that game either. That leaves us in limbo until the end of April. April 25 is too long to wait, especially after a six-month offseason.

What is a girl to do, other than complain that she can't trade Wednesday's ticket for a ticket on Thursday or Saturday's ticket for a ticket on Sunday like she could in the days of RFK?!

What are your thoughts on this year's ticket exchange program?

By Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard  |  April 7, 2008; 3:07 PM ET  | Category:  Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard
Previous: Tonight's Traffic Test | Next: Night Lights Keep Things Bright

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

While it's nice that season ticket holders can exchange tickets at all, two of the three dates I can exchange any unused tickets from my partial season Plan A are for games I already have tickets for! I suppose I can then trade those tickets in for another game, but then I risk having 2 games with seats of "lesser" value.

Posted by: Salem | April 7, 2008 4:48 PM

I appreciate the ticket exchange program. If I can't or don't exchange my tickets then I just give them to friends or sell them on eBay or StubHub. Any game I can't make is my fault, due to miserable scheduling or unavoidable circumstances on my part. The fact that they bend this much too accomodate me is more then they need to do.

Posted by: Fushezzi | April 8, 2008 9:23 AM

methinks you complain too much. I understand the frustrations of scheduling, but it seems the flexibility they offer is pretty sweet - agree with Fushezzi. appreciate the flexibility they are offering and

Posted by: sth | April 8, 2008 9:50 AM

Sure, you can say I am complaining, but I did prefer the flexibility of exchanging for any game during the week, rather than from pre-determined games. If last night's game proves anything, it is that there are available seats during the week.

I've only ever resold Penn State football tickets, which tend to be in high demand. I've always assumed that anyone could buy a seat in my section, so why would someone buy from me. What has your expereince been reselling tickets?

Posted by: Kyra | April 8, 2008 10:57 AM

1) Your priorities are all wrong. Baseball comes before working late and family!

2) There is a road trip in between Wednesday and Apr. 25. It's not like there are lots of opportunities for games to switch to anyway.

Posted by: sec133 | April 8, 2008 1:09 PM