Practical Information No. 2

Scott Watson

Having advised that the stadium shifted from Pepsi products to Coke products (offering Coke Zero), I thought I'd share more good news.

As a "big man," as a "Tall and Husky Section" shopper -- hell, as an overweight suburban buffoon -- I worried that the stadium, with its new seats, might not be ... accommodating. I shouldn't have worried.

The seats accommodated my ample kiester just fine.

I've sat in three different sections. Each offered a cup holder, ample leg room, and a comfortable spot to deposit my assets. There seemed to be a bit less *shoulder* room than there was at RFK, which I had a hard time understanding, since the folding seats themselves seemed wide. But there was a hint of "packed sardines" that took some getting used to. This was especially notable in our Opening Night snow gear, but I felt that way on Wednesday as well. But they didn't skimp on seat room, and for that I thank the Nationals.

Maybe they thought the MeatHook would be joining me to watch some games . ...

By Scott Watson  |  April 11, 2008; 2:30 PM ET  | Category:  Scott Watson
Previous: Keeping Costs Down | Next: My First Time

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

I'm surprised Scott Watson didn't write this. He's usually good for two posts a day.

Posted by: Shawn | April 11, 2008 3:03 PM

It was Scott Watson! I'll fix -- my mistake!! Sorry, Scott.

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | April 11, 2008 4:12 PM

Holy crap! I meant that as a joke! Sort of. Gotta love the prolific bloggers.

Keep up the good work Scott.

Posted by: Shawn | April 11, 2008 9:25 PM

The lack of shoulder room is really bad in my section (lower deck) and takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 13, 2008 12:43 PM

RFK has much better seats. Our new ones are small and uncomfortable, there is less room between the rows, and the rows are longer.
There's a major disruption whenever anyone, even a child, tries to enter or exit the row. Welcome to Sardine Park. I guess the Party Line is that all the new parks are like that so get used to it.

Posted by: Carolyn | April 15, 2008 9:04 AM