Update: Staff Courtesy Improves

Sloan Baker

I can't help noticing the complete and utter turnaround in the professionalism of the Nationals staff in most every aspect of contact with the public.

A good friend and I went to the Phillies game Tuesday night, and it was his first time actually using his season tickets (20-game plan). The person sitting beside my friend was a season ticket holder as well, and we found him to be rather obnoxious. My friend decided he didn't want to sit next to this guy for the rest of the year, so he went to Guest Services where he was directed to Ticket Services. Not only were they more than accommodating in changing our seats for the night, they gave us more than enough information on how to change them for the entire season.

We did not want to miss more of the game, however, so my friend planned to change the rest of them yesterday. I remain awestruck at just how professional and courteous the staff was in defusing what was a most unpleasant situation.

By Sloan Baker  |  May 22, 2008; 8:34 AM ET  | Category:  Sloan Baker , Stadium Staff
Previous: Red Porch 'Lawn' | Next: My Choice for Top Fry

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Um, I believe that the Nats staff "defused" the situation, and didn't diffuse it.

More importantly, you're right about the courteous team staff, and particularly right about Ticket Services / Team Services. Ticketholders who can't use their purchased tickets get (1) an opportunity to go to a later game, and (2) an explanation of those opportunities from some really friendly, helpful people.

Posted by: anonymous wordsmith | May 22, 2008 8:48 AM

I take offense to these comments. I am the season ticket holder that Mr. Baker was sitting next to. Just because I was on my fifth beer by the time he strolled in and I deposited peanut shells on his lap is no reason for him to move his seats. Oh and my passing gas was not that big a deal since we were outdoors.

Posted by: Boris | May 22, 2008 10:30 AM

This blog sucks. Three games into the latest homestand and this is the first post we get? The 14 of you need to step up the output. Especially those that haven't blogged in a while. I'm looking at you "Dick Ireland", if that is your real name.

Posted by: Lame | May 22, 2008 11:56 AM

geez, yeah I guess the output on the blog has slowed a bit as of late. but i count more than 80 posts since Opening Day.

Posted by: show some appreciation | May 22, 2008 1:22 PM

I would agree. I went to the game the following night. Upon reaching the cash register at Bens Chili Bowl, the credit card machine went on the fritz. With a smile on the faces the people at the register simply said "Please enjoy your food courtesy of the Nationals. " While I think this is what should have been done, in our climate today I was expecting to sit and wait while they attempted to fix the machine missing some of the game. There was not even an instant when this thought seemed to enter their minds. I think the ballpark is good and getting better.

Posted by: John | May 22, 2008 2:48 PM

facinating

Posted by: (419+1)*0 | May 22, 2008 5:57 PM

OK sounds pretty good so far......how about the pizza location outside Sec 114 who asked that all customers tip him; that after failing to speak once during the transaction. The good news is the guy has gone back to prison.

Posted by: wskyrnr21 | May 25, 2008 8:19 AM