Value in the Value Pack

Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard

Last week my husband and I visited the park for the first time in nearly a month, and all I wanted was a ball park hot dog... and a win. (Spoiler alert: I got both!)

As we made our way up the escalators to the 300-level, I suggested we stop at Nats Dogs for a hot dog and a half smoke. While we patiently waited in line, we looked at the menu and noticed an item that was new to us: the Nats Dog Value Pack. Had this value pack been offered before? Regardless, the value pack was $7 and it was more than just a hot dog--it had to be a deal!

We got to the front of the line and asked what we got with our value pack, and the answer shocked us: a hot dog, French fries and a drink. I immediately ordered the meal, lest the kind man realize his mistake.

In the end, we got a Ben's half smoke, a Nats dog, a perfect portion of French fries and a soda just a tad bit smaller than the regular size that we share, oh, and a win, for $13.

The value pack really is a great value.

By Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard  |  August 8, 2008; 9:57 AM ET  | Category:  Kyra DeBlaker-Gebhard
Previous: Site-Wide Blog Outage: Starting Today at Noon | Next: A Little Winning Goes a Long Way

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

It's been there all season ;-) I haven't ordered it but was surprised to learn how much was included. I like to bring food with me. Although the helmet sundae I got last time was yummy!

Posted by: Maggie | August 8, 2008 10:15 AM

I've always wondered what was in the Valu-Pak. Thanks for letting us know. This will be perfect for my daughter...and it's a deal compared to other items! BTW, what size was the soda?

Posted by: Sarah | August 11, 2008 8:34 PM

The value pack cup holds about half the contents of the plastic cup offered at most stands. It was enough soda for the two of us to share.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Kyra | August 12, 2008 11:14 AM

Your mom's a Valu-Pak

Posted by: MeatCraft | August 13, 2008 8:10 AM

Which stand did you go to on the 300 level where you got fries? As a result of your post I decided to try a Nats Dog Value Pack at Tuesday's game, but the stand I went to (near our section) gave out potato chips instead of fries. They didn't even sell french fries. Chips were much less filling than fries would have been, and made the value pack less of a value to me as I found myself still hungry afterwards.

Posted by: Section 312 | August 16, 2008 12:20 PM

It was at the Nats Dogs next to the Foggy Bottom Grill at the top of the escaltor and adjacent to section 300/301, left field side.

Hope this helps and sorry you were not offered fries.

Posted by: Kyra | August 18, 2008 2:41 PM