On Twitter: HokiesJournal and PostSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

A rivalry that's in the blood

In-state rivalries like the one between Virginia Tech and Virginia start at a young age. These videos illustrate that, so check them out if you feel like wasting a little time.

The Little Hokie

The Little Wahoo

By Mark Viera  |  November 24, 2009; 10:30 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday links
Next: WR Roberts on his tough game

Comments

Typical-----the VT parent does the VT fight song & cheers with the kid, while the UVa parent attacks VT. That's typical of UVa fans, they have nothing to cheer about their pathetic football program, so they try to demean the Hokies. That pretty much says it all.

Posted by: aglick1 | November 24, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

aglick1...with all due respect, you just attacked UVA and demeaned UVA fans by insinuating that that video is typical UVA fan behavior. And THAT pretty much says it all. There are folks on BOTH sides that take the rivalry way, way too seriously, and go too far by slamming anyone associated with it as stupid, arrogant, etc.

I went to UVA, but I have loads of friends and family that went to VT. You'll never see me making a video like that with my daughter. You'll also never see me making a post like yours. You should have followed that Hokie dad's lead and taken the high road.

Posted by: DEFPOTEC1 | November 24, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

By "it" in the last sentence of the first paragraph, I of course mean the other school.

Posted by: DEFPOTEC1 | November 24, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

[...]

You'll also never see me making a post like yours.

-------------------

Are you trying to be this funny?

Why don't you go find a nice brie to go with you whine?

Posted by: ghokee | November 24, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

terl that uva video is garbage, take that waste of time down. the kid is too young to even know what is going on.

Posted by: follybeach | November 25, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse