On Twitter: HokiesJournal and PostSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

Following Delaney's injury on Twitter

Virginia Tech Coach Seth Greenberg is a prolific presence on Twitter, manning his own account and sending unfiltered and often humorous tweets at all hours. But he is not the only Hokie active on Twitter.

Guard Malcolm Delaney is a compulsive tweeter. On Tuesday, for example, he tweeted more than 40 times; he has amateur status on the floor but is a professional with a phone in his hand, to say the least.

This week, Delaney's Twitter temptation has provided a glimpse into his recovery from a sprained left ankle, 140 characters at a time.

Delaney, the Hokies' best player, has been the focus of attention this week for other reasons. His status for Sunday's game at No. 9 North Carolina (11-4) is uncertain after he sprained his ankle in a win over Longwood on Dec. 30; he sat out Virginia Tech's win over Seton Hall last Saturday. Delaney will not play unless he is fully healthy.

While Virginia Tech (12-1) and its fans hoping for he is ready to play, Delaney (@foe23) has provided tweet-size bursts of information about his progress each step of the way. Here is a look at his Twitter activity since initially suffering the injury:

-- "Hurt my ankle 1 min into the game.. On the way to get a mri" 3:06 p.m. on Dec. 30

-- "Sprained ankle n a bone on bone bruise.. The rest they said I couldn't medically comprehend.. Lol.. Not broke tho.." 7:13 p.m. on Dec 30

-- "Man this injury gettin to me already. Can't even sleep. Hate the thought of not being there 2 help my team. Goin hard for rehab. No rush tho" 1:28 a.m. on Dec. 31

-- "im bout to pop this perc.... in a lil pain.." 1:04 a.m. on Jan. 1

-- "doesnt feel rite at all not suitin up for the game" 5:17 a.m. on Jan. 2

-- "new day... time to get healthy.. ima work hard at it jus like i do my game!" 10:32 a.m. on Jan. 4

-- "Just got out practice.. Did some rehab and its feelin a lil better.. Still got work to do tho.. Wus good tho" 7:08 p.m. on Jan. 4

-- "up early.. gotta go get treatment... today ima see if i can shoot without the boot" 8:06 a.m. on Jan. 5

-- "up early once again.. this our day off.. but im goin to get treatment twice today.. gotta get bacc" Jan. 6

-- "i got tired at the gym from jus shootin a lil bit.. guess i gotta build my stamina bacc up.. crazy how much can change so fast" Jan. 6

-- "this is my last day in the boot if i want.. lol.. i think ima get rid of it cuz all my right shoes gone b messed up." . . . "ahah... cuz im wearin my boot i got a couple pair of shoes wit the left shoe still untouched. boot gotta go!" Jan. 6

By Mark Viera  |  January 7, 2010; 10:15 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday links
Next: Reflecting on Hokies' meeting with Alabama

No comments have been posted to this entry.