Rick Sanchez is sorry. Really.

This time, Rick Sanchez really sounded remorseful.

In an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" Friday morning, the ousted CNN anchor said flatly that he "screwed up" in calling Jon Stewart a bigot and suggesting that Jews run the networks--comments that cost him his job last week.

"I apologize and it was wrong for me to be so careless and so inartful," Sanchez said. "But it happened and I can't take it back and you know what now I have to stand up and be responsible."

The tone was much different than in a statement earlier this week, when Sanchez extended an apology to anyone who "may have been offended."

Sanchez told George Stephanopoulos he was tired after working 14-hour days doing programs for CNN in the afternoon and evening, before giving up his prime-time spot to newly hired hosts Eliot Spitzer and Kathleen Parker.

"I was feeling a little bit put out. And I was feeling a little sensitive," Sanchez said. "And I was looking at the landscape and I was looking and I was seeing [little diversity] and I externalized the problem and I put it on Jon Stewart's shoulders and I was wrong to do that."

When Stephanopoulos pressed him on earlier remarks in which he rattled off the names of Jewish neoconservatives, Sanchez said it was important for him to raise difficult questions when no one else would. He added that Stewart had been gracious when he called the Comedy Central host to apologize and said he made fun of Sanchez because he liked him.

Sanchez also heaped praise on CNN, the network that dumped him 24 hours after the comments.

By Howard Kurtz  | October 8, 2010; 8:38 AM ET
Categories:  Latest stories, Television, Top story  | Tags:  George Stephaopoulos, Jon Stewart, Rick Sanchez
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A personal note
Next: Woodward on shielding secret sources

Comments

Sanchez has shown courage in covering and discussing events on CNN. He is qualified. He made a mistake which he has realized and has duly apologized. Many have in the past and survived. There is no doubt that the main media has no minorities in responsible and independent positions. Why was he being replaced? He certainly is better than Amanpour or incomprehensible George Will. CNN did the same to Bernard Shaw. It is one thing to espouse freedom abroad , it is another to practice it at home. Restore the dignity of Sanchez.

Posted by: yameenzusnet | October 8, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

The "dues" that Black Journalists have paid in this country is "countless". I've seen black female journalists doing local news for 20-plus years; and, are extraordinary talented and smart! They show a commanding presence in front of the TV tube. Why? I ask like Sanchez are there no "minorities" at the top? I'm speaking on behalf of black journalists who have been around for many years, way before Rick Sanchez!!! Let's reconsider the "vetting" process and get these folks recognized for the valuable work that they do.

Posted by: periodot | October 8, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Julie Banderas Hispanic or at least part Hispanic? She's my favorite!

Posted by: SusanMarie2 | October 8, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Jews are some of the world's biggest bigots.....and Sanchez?....another thieving Cuban with his hand out....pitiful.

Posted by: OldSalt8 | October 8, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Sanchez learns the hard way that there is one group in America that you can never ever criticize.

Posted by: ThoughtfulGuy | October 8, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I guess that expected job offer from Fox News Network didn't didn't work out for Sanchez.

Posted by: helloisanyoneoutthere | October 8, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Is Sanchez going to move to Mexico for a year a year as penance?

Posted by: jdonner2 | October 8, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps he learned something about himself? If not, the tears are merely crocodile tears. His dismissal had nothing to do with ethnicity – only with arrogance and crassness. I wish him well.

Posted by: bloommarko4 | October 8, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

No one ridicules Tom Friedman, but he's a bigger baffoon than Sanchez. Friedman is such an idiot that he had to revise and republish one of his flat earth books when it was in print. He's twice as animated and twice as moronic, but he's never mocked by comedians.

Sanchez provides an interesting insight into how Miami's ethnic communities view each other. And Friedman provides an excellent example of what is wrong with Minnesota.

Posted by: blasmaic | October 8, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I might have some remorse for Sanchez if he wasn't so down home stupid.

He's like one of those guys that could be on those Jay Leno segments where they ask people like rudimentary questions on the street and they can't answer them.

The guy isn't a 2nd Tier anchor because of his race, I'd say there's a better chance he's any kind of anchor at all because of his race.

But I guess it finally wasn't enough.

Posted by: nonvoter | October 8, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

There are certain things you can say and certain things you can't say. For instance if he had pointed out the Federal Government is and alwsy has been completely dominated and controlled by Protestants the sound would have been . . . (crickets chirping).

Posted by: 54465446 | October 8, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Orthodox Judaism as commanded by the rabbis of Israel is based on pedigree. It is racial. I can't become an orthodox jew. If I marry a muslim, I can become a muslim. If I marry a catholic, I can become a catholic.
All that aside, a don't see a conspiracy of jews taking over the world. When he started to see a conspiracy of one group taking over the world, that was Sanchez's problem. No one group is that good over the long run. Most jews in Europe before their 20th century diaspora were not rich.

Posted by: citizen625 | October 8, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

At least Sanchez was replaced by the scandal-free Eliot Spitzer.
- - - -
Border Enforcement + Immigration Moratorium = Job, Crime and Eco Sanity.

Posted by: tma_sierrahills | October 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Jorge Ramos doesn't count? He's got a high enough profile among English-language TV viewers to be razzed in an SNL cold open - back in 2008.

Posted by: mattintx | October 8, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: OldSalt8

-----------

Now THAT'S a funny post. If I were a betting man, I'd put big money on OldSalt8 having no idea of the irony saturating his post.

Posted by: grantmh | October 8, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

It's easy to make unfortunate comments when exhausted - and certainly CNN was squeezing Sanchez with 3 hours of anchoring a day!!
I wish him all the very best.

Posted by: angie12106 | October 8, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: OldSalt8

-----------

Posted by: grantmh | October 8, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

For a guy who asked what "meters" meant in English, no punishment is too much punishment and there is no redemption.

Posted by: kblgca | October 8, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

"The resentment that gave rise to Sanchez's remarks in the Sirius XM interview were still on display, however. He pointedly noted that no prime-time cable news shows are hosted by Hispanics or other minorities."

Perhaps to make happy the MSM (where Jewish have little to no influence), Sanchez should have denied that the earth is flat, that the US Supreme Court is dominated by Catholics, that black players dominate the NBA, and that seasonal workers are mostly Hispanics. Then, he should have committed a live harakiri to fully express his remorse for stating the obvious in the first place.

Hope this won't make me a bigot ;-)

Posted by: cipitio | October 8, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

@citizen625; "Orthodox Judaism as commanded by the rabbis of Israel is based on pedigree. It is racial. I can't become an orthodox jew."

Posted by: jslaff | October 8, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"I apologize and it was wrong for me to be so careless and so inartful,"

What a BS apology. The only thing he is sorry for is that he lost his job, not the comments. In fact, I don't doubt that he believes every word that he uttered. BTW, he wasn't fired for his comments but for crummy ratings. This incident just provided an excuse for giving him the heave-ho.

More importantly, we have a supposed "liberal" who again expresses very hateful and intolerant comments. Proving yet again that liberals are, by-in-large angry and hateful people.

Posted by: freepost | October 8, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Uhhhh...Ahhh....Huhhhh...

I said "I'm sorry"

Now, can I have my job back? Please? Pretty Please?

I love being on TV everyday!

Posted by: tbone4 | October 8, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

"Orthodox Judaism as commanded by the rabbis of Israel is based on pedigree. It is racial. I can't become an orthodox jew." Posted by: citizen625
--------
You, sir, are an idiot and have no understanding of Jewish law. I'm not even going to begin to tell you all the things that are wrong with your statement. I just want to encourage you not to make assertions so confidently when you really don't have a clue.

Posted by: dan_of_dc | October 8, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

--------

Posted by: dan_of_dc | October 8, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Why should Sanchez have to make some phony apology? I seriously doubt that being fired and paraded around on a TV apology tour has changed his opinion about Jewish control of the Media.

He made a boo boo and got rightfully canned for it. Can't that be it? Do we really need to get spoonfed the contrived "but see, he's really learned his lesson and he's changed" bogus wrapup to the story?

Posted by: ReginaldSmash | October 8, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

The only thing Rick is sorry about is that he is out of a job. In the past decade the level of minority representation in media and TV has increase significantly. Maybe people just didn't enjoy your show Rick. CNN ratings have been tanking for months

Posted by: agarnett1000 | October 8, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

"No one ridicules Tom Friedman, but he's a bigger baffoon than Sanchez."

That's because Friedman doesn't have a prime time slot on CNN. Sanchez was on TV everyday both in the afternoon as well as from 8-9PM.

If Friedman were on TV all the time, people would certainly make fun of him.

Look, it's not complicated. Sanchez is angry and has beady eyes. I never liked him. And I'm not white.

Geraldo is much more charismatic.

Posted by: princeps2 | October 8, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Plenty of people ridicule Tom Friedman, like Matt Taibbi.

Posted by: AlexRemington | October 8, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Yea....Probably the idea of standing in the soup line didn't sit too well with his wife....

Posted by: andio76 | October 8, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

You still here? Vanish, Kurtz, most ricky-tick, and take Klein with you.

Posted by: screwjob21 | October 8, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

thought we were all equal in this country. the best person, as defined by the owner of the business, gets the job. what happened?

Posted by: submarinerssn774 | October 8, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Can we please get past Rick Sanchez? Of all the self-important, big-mouthed, over-inflated blowhards, he's the worst. And he's deeply stupid, to boot. I'm sick of hearing about him. Nobody believes his faux "apology," and to keep repeating it simply insults our intelligence.

Posted by: nicekid | October 8, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

The world is far more complex and interconnected that some people think. It follows that "blame the Jews" is simplistic and wrong. Hitler did that and his regime implemented slaughter houses for Jews. You cannot, you must not categorize people by their color and religion. Each person is a one-off. Some Muslims (very few) pilot commercial airliners into tall buildings. Others live quietly and in the comfort that their religion provides to them in order that they may survive life's travails. Rick Sanchez does not appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he is capable of holding down the anchor chair during long periods of boredom.

Posted by: BlueTwo1 | October 8, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Sharron Angle said that Dearborn Michigan is run under Muslim Sharia law. Why doesn't she ever apologize for her amazing stupidity?

Posted by: swatkins1 | October 8, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

THE TRIBE:
* It numbers less than one percent of USA
* Yet makes up 4 of 9 Supreme Court justices
* Controls U.S. Foreign Policy in toto
* Controls every president since Eisenhower
* Owns 8 of 9 major NewsMedia Groups in USA
* Directs $46Billion/year to Middle East cousins
* Controls most banks/Owns Hollywood
* Every movie must now mention its religious "culture."
* All USA presidential candidates must swear allegiance to protect ME cousins

THE GREATEST CRIME YOU CAN COMMIT AGAINST THE TRIBE?: To even hint, much less SAY that the tribe OWNS/CONTROLS ANYTHING.

Posted by: Whispers | October 8, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

periodot ...Sanchez is a dolt. He was such when he was a news broadcaster in Miami. He was one of the least qualified persons who ever filled a TV broadcast position.

He meant every word that he uttered. His apology is B-S.

So if Jews promoted him and then appropriately fired him, so what?

Posted by: Hazmat77 | October 8, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Step 1: Issue non-apology.
Step 2: If Step 1 doesn't work, issue real apology.
Step 3: If Step 3 doesn't work, play the victim card and blame the liberal media.
Step 4: Take a gig on Fox News.

Posted by: mattintx | October 8, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Elizabeth Vargas isn't hispanic? Are you kidding me?

Posted by: veritasinmedium | October 8, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

periodot ... are you saying that doing local news for 20 years is punishment?

Many White men, and women, have been doing local news for long periods....

Why should any employer promote anyone based on the color of their skin?

Posted by: Hazmat77 | October 8, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I thought Elizabeth Vargas was Jewish.

Posted by: blasmaic | October 8, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me or is that guy REALLY HOT!

Posted by: SusanMarie2 | October 8, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I've thought and thought about this. The best description I can come up with for Sanchez is just two words:

MICHAEL RICHARDS. Remember him? He couldn't shut his mouth either.

Posted by: johnhenson499 | October 8, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

OK, I admit it. I didn't change the channel because he was on CNN, I changed the channel because HE TURNS ME ON TOO MUCH!!!

Posted by: SusanMarie2 | October 8, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez' remarks were reprehensible in their wingnut bigotry. But what a shame that a story has to hit Howard Kurtz personally (the anti-semitism of it) to attract his interest. It really is all about Howard, all the time, isn't it?

Meanwhile, America now has a self-described "news" network that is donating millions of dollars TO THE VERY POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS THEY PRETEND TO COVER (in a "fair and balanced" way), and this ersatz "media critic" doesn't think it's relevant to his beat.

The remaining pretense of objectivity of America's most widely-viewed pseudonews channel is thoroughly shot, and Howie doesn't care. Just like he didn't give a crap that the media was ignoring Bush's Saddam-9/11 association campaign until long after we had invaded.

I guess that's what Post readers get when their "media critic" (sic) is married to a DC Republican operative. What a joke.

Posted by: B2O2 | October 8, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

When are we going to be honest and face the documented FACT that the Jews currently own and run the vast majority of the media(TV, Radio, Movies,Book Publishing, Newspapers, Sports teams, etc) just as they always have. More power to them.
Sanchez is stupid to have voiced this true fact in a public forum - he deserves to be fired.

Posted by: giuseppe59 | October 8, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Can any one dispute Whispers observations:

"THE TRIBE:
* It numbers less than one percent of USA
* Yet makes up 4 of 9 Supreme Court justices
* Controls U.S. Foreign Policy in toto
* Controls every president since Eisenhower
* Owns 8 of 9 major NewsMedia Groups in USA
* Directs $46Billion/year to Middle East cousins
* Controls most banks/Owns Hollywood
* Every movie must now mention its religious "culture."
* All USA presidential candidates must swear allegiance to protect ME cousins

THE GREATEST CRIME YOU CAN COMMIT AGAINST THE TRIBE?: To even hint, much less SAY that the tribe OWNS/CONTROLS ANYTHING"
Except for the less than 1% I think Whispers is right on the money.
Give Sanchez his job.

Posted by: ere591 | October 8, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

"Rick Sanchez is sorry. Really."

Michael Richards--a Jewish entertainer--uses the N-word freely and in anger in anger on stage, and the media kinda sorta ignores it as Jerry Seinfeld runs interference for him.

Rick Sanchez suggests that many Jews in the media would be hard-pressed to prove they've been discriminated against, he loses his job.

So, tell me again how Rick is wrong...

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 8, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

So, this guy says, in effect, that the American Jewish community controls the media. As a result, he is fired and black balled.

Somehow, it seems like the result confirms the statement.

Posted by: Provincial | October 8, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

It's the same story with everyone:

1. Say what you really think and feel.
2. Pay the consequences.
3. Offer a "fake" sincere apology.
4. Ride out the negitive press/backlash.
5. Hope you get a job somewhere in the future.

Posted by: cgteddy911 | October 8, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Who cares? See ya later Rick, don't let the door hit you in the @ $ $ on the way out.

Posted by: vatownsend | October 8, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Now we see the real reason that Rick Sanchez was fired. He is the ONLY person on TV that dared to criticize Israel and the neoconservative jews who were behind the Iraq debacle.

We had an "Everyone draw Muhammed day". I think we need an "Everyone tell the truth about the jews day".

Posted by: PeteMoylan | October 8, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vatownsend | October 8, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Where ever Sanchez lands, I will follow. He is too good to just fade away.

Posted by: dbriangordon | October 8, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

The whole of media are buffoons and careerist hacks, none of them deserve our respect like TV journalists back in the day.

These days it's all about how many minutes the talking head gets on TV, and getting that payday that goes with those minutes. Reporting facts and informing the public are a side issue.

None of them give a damn about educating the public other than in the course of promoting themselves. It's all about each talking head's own value as a celebrity. This is why the quickest way to rouse one of these self interested hacks is to criticize them on the air, and that is why they generally have views as tough as pudding.

Sanchez? Who cares, he's just one more actor in a play that been ruining the free press on TV for decades.

Posted by: AIPACiswar | October 8, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I was a regular viewer of Rick's List, and I'm not that sorry to see him go. He wasn't BAD; he just wasn't all that good, either in his reporting. And there was a period where he was on this kick of painting various police departments in a bad light by highlighting isolated incidents of abusive police behavior. After watching him feed that fire, I lost my interest in him.

Posted by: Rounds77 | October 8, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh, dear This interview is so disturbing.
He blames everyone but himself for his own conventional idiocy.

Posted by: Rivery | October 8, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Pitiful the way people say things, or do things, or respond to things, and then they apologize (was it for something they said or was it the fact that they are now out of a job)? Mr. Sanchez opened mouth (really wide, inserted big foot, gagged, cried and now files for unemployment. Good riddance.

Posted by: GaryRosenthal | October 8, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Rome committed the Holocaust after the Vatican's banker, Rockefeller, financed the rise of Hitler from Roman Catholic collection plates through Knight of Malta Prescott Bush and his fellow papal frat brother, papal baron, Fritz "the Rockefeller of Germany" Thyssen.

The Roman Catholic, Knight of Malta-led CIA assassinated President Kennedy six weeks after his NSAM263 order our military withdrawal as catspaw for Rome in their latifundial estate of Vietnam, where the 5% Roman Catholic "Golden Triangle" false elite owned 95% of the wealth fighting a whig Jeffersonian named Ho Chi Minh.

Only the Roman Catholic Justices illegally voted in the unconstitutional 'Bush v. Gore' to criminally stop the Florida recount (Viz. Breyer dissent) to appoint a homosexual draft-dodger as POTUS to commit 9/11 (Viz. "The New Pearl Harbor," Griffin, Ph.D.), and illegal immigration is the Roman Catholic Church's openly published stratagem for taking over the U.S. from those they teach their followers "stole it." Viz. "National Pastoral Plan for Hispanic Ministry."

Gee. wonder why a Miami Cuban is an anti-Semite?
Read "A Moral Reckoning" by Goldhagen, to better understand.

Posted by: iamerican | October 8, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Howard,when an individual persistently feels injured and communicates that sense of injury through an attitude of resentment, he may not be justified in his attitude OR he may be somewhat justified in his attitude OR he may be entirely justified in his attitude. There seems to be plenty of resentment going around. Jon Stewart is resentful of certain individuals, repeatedly, as are you.

Posted by: ahoffinger | October 8, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Why doesn't anybody mention the fact that he flat our ran over a person while driving home drunk from a Dolphins game? Not just that, he left the scene!! Look it up!...better yet, here you go. I can't stand this guy! He got away with it as well? W.T.F?

Associated Press

17 February 1991

St. Petersburg Times

A Miami television anchorman has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in a December accident in which police say he left the scene after hitting a man and returned later.

Rick Sanchez, anchor for WSVN, was charged Friday with one count of DUI, a first-degree misdemeanor in the Dec. 10 accident outside Joe Robbie Stadium, prosecutor Kathleen Hoague said.

If convicted, Sanchez faces a maximum of six months in prison and a $500 fine.
A blood test showed Sanchez had a blood-alcohol level that night of .15 percent. A person with a .10 level is considered legally drunk in Florida.

The man Sanchez hit was critically injured and remains in a coma at North Shore Hospital.

Ms. Hoague said Friday that she thinks Sanchez was driving drunk at the time of the accident, but prosecutors decided not to charge him with causing bodily injury while driving drunk, a third-degree felony.

Posted by: ARessing | October 8, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mcien | October 8, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Rick is a real putz. Off course he is sorry after losing a great gig and the butt of all jokes. This clown should know better. When he was a news personality at Miami's WSVN he was also a putz. During the broadcast he would always lean over the counter as it he did not have a spine to hold him up.. Obviously nothing has changed with this clown. He was obviously on his way out anyways with CNN. he got what he deserved.

Posted by: mcien | October 8, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

blasmaic - It's unclear whether you're trying to highlight your ignorance, your dishonesty, or both. But at any rate, you're incorrect when you claim that "No one ridicules Tom Friedman." There are some folks who are downright hostile toward the man, to include some who occasionally write for the very newspaper whose website you're (well, I can't say reading, because you obviously don't read) inhabiting.

You really should try reading more. There's a whole world of facts & opinions out there somewhere beyond your butt, which appears to be the only place you've looked.

Posted by: bobsewell | October 8, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez can apologize all he wants but what he said originally is what he truely believes. Mel Gibson, Oliver stone all apologized for much the same thing. But what it shows is how endemic anti-Semetism is even in this country. Comes with mother's milk.

Posted by: morryb | October 8, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

The "art" of apology doesn't include doctored phrases like "inartful" and "if anyone was offended".

Posted by: Rivery | October 8, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can b***h and moan about working 14 hour days while they're making well over 200k. If he were smart...and he's not...he would have known the show that bumped him from his prime time slot with Spitzer and what's-her-name will be canceled in short order and he would have been brought back into that slot and probably been able to negotiate a raise.

This is just another case of someone getting too big for their britches. No biggie to me though, I always thought the guy was an arrogant deuche bag.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 8, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

"I think it was wrong they shouldn't have fired him! Where is his rights!
And he did apologize, other's have said worse things. " the only reason I saw CNN news cause of him! CNN is so bias. My guess is they will be losing lots of Hispanic viewers.

Posted by: sossly2 | October 8, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

So,prehaps this monsterous EGO pompus arrogant pathetic excuse for a human being
loud mouth Cuban walking disaster loser
Rick Sanchez can apply for the position of
White House Chief of Staff of the Comrade
Leader Barack Hussein Administration since
Rick Sanchez and Barack Hussein Obama both
have the same over-inflated opinion and
mosterous EGOS that would allow him to fit
in rather prefectly here now then.

Posted by: carleen09 | October 8, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Who should really be sorry is the person that put Sanchez on the air in the first place. Sanchez is painfully stupid and was a consistent embarrassment to himself and to CNN.

Posted by: senigma | October 8, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

How will the world go on with one less blowhard, loudmouth TV "news" personality.

Posted by: loux24 | October 8, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

we all know who holds the ba@!s of 'news informers"
where is the surprise?
ricky's apology as lame as his 'attack'
He missed the point:
things are changing for the better.

Posted by: manittou | October 8, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps the truth in his comments is revealed by the fact he feels the need to grovel for forgiveness in order to work in media again.

Posted by: slim2 | October 8, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

He should have not been fired! he also apologized. Other's have said worse things at CNN. "I guess they will be pleased to know that their hispanic viewers will no longer be watching.

Posted by: sossly2 | October 8, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Howard Kurtz is every bit the idiot Sanchez is, the whole CNN crew are shills for the Israeli right wing and pudding-headed equivocators on every issue that affects big business.

Why is it you can change channels and all the media run stories on the same issues?

Are there really numbers of highly educated media execs who really feel we need to have every foolish blather of every teabagger candidate, especially ones deemed unelectable, repeated tens of time every day?

Give me a break, it's high level bait and switch, distraction, and pop garbage so we get no news on minor side issues like Mideast peace, that costs us billions and soldier's lives. Ten year old comments from childish candidates takes precedence over bad news about Israel every time.

Whether or not the media is too Jewy is not an issue of importance. Whether it is too Zionist is.

Posted by: AIPACiswar | October 8, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

If he'd only slept with a hooker while married he'd be much better off.

Posted by: BKCT | October 8, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I am sick and tired of only seeing Jews on TV. As if no one else's opinion matters. What a shameless takeover by a bunch of bandits.
Rick Sanchez is not very interesting to watch and John Stewart is not as funny as he thinks he is.

Posted by: smokberry2002@yahoo.com | October 8, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

There are some faux pas one just doesn't make. I don't think I'd assert publicly that Cuban-Americans run Miami if I were in Miami. Anyway, I already miss "Rick's List." And, yes, it is ironic that CNN has a lightweight journalist like Kathleeen Parker as one of Mr. Sanchez's replacements.

Posted by: Eureka1 | October 8, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Rick was a bit too much in-your-face for that time slot, no matter who was or is at the networks' helm. And maybe within his on-camera deliveries, he provided a bit too much opinion, and not enough real news?

I don't know what his highest use within the electronic media may be, but it appears that he's quick to play the race card, so maybe he'll bluff his way back in?

Posted by: connerabr | October 8, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

How sad that the other 95% of the world uses a modern measurement system and we have to watch two journalists struggling over what 10 meters is because we are hung up on this medieval English system.

America, do you really WANT to be in the 21st century economy, or do you want to be flipping burgers in this service economy as you continue sliding down hill?

Wake up people. While we are busy drilling for oil and digging for coal, everyone else is getting ahead of us in the technologies of the new millenium. This steadfast loyalty to it being 1950 is only going to be the death of us as a leading country.

Posted by: B2O2 | October 8, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

jslaff wrote:

"What antisemitic BS. Of course you can. Anyone can convert to any flavor of Judaism. It's converting to Orthodoxy is an admittedly arduous task, but it is doable, and happens every day. And it's not controlled by rabbis in Israel."

Not to give our anti-Semitic friend any cover but he has the kernel of truth in his statement. In Israel, not the US of course, the ultra orthodox are basically winning the leislative battle to determine who is a Jew. Their definition does not include reformed Judaism. Do the research.

Posted by: 54465446 | October 8, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I still don't see why he was fired.
Jews are not an oppressed minority in the U.S.A.
There are many jewish folks in high places in the media. Do they run it? I would say some of it yes.
His remarks were not racist, there is no jewish race, only the religion. There are jews of many races.
Were his words anti-semitic? I don't believe he was saying they should not run the media. He didn't really say anything negative.
Yet, he lost his job. I think for something to be anti-semitic it should at least have to be negative. His remarks were sarcastic at worst.

Posted by: ripper368 | October 8, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

While there's much about the new media that's positive, why do I feel that when this columnist, whose responsibility is to keep the media's coverage of the important issues of the day "honest", felt the need to announce by Twitter that he was switching employers - as if it was more important for him to be the "news" rather than report on it - he epitomized how egotistical too many journalists have become?

Posted by: exDCinNY | October 8, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez has way to big an ego and his ratings were poor. Bye, bye.

Posted by: farmsnorton | October 8, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Although what Sanchez stated is factual, he could have expressed his opinion using a degree of tact. That is, only if he really needed to say what he did on the matter. Sanchez could have articulated his position discretely yet effectively. It is true that Jewish-Americans have noticeable control over the nation's broadcast media, politics, business, and finance. That's an admirable achievement. However, there should be concern about the hypocrisy by members in the Jewish community when it comes to being criticized. Media members critical of the Jewish community don't keep their jobs very long; case in point, the Sanchez meltdown. Yet it's okay, in fact, encouraged for news organizations to approach Latino/Mexican issues with an "open season" mentality. Or haven't you noticed? No one is held accountable when the nation's mainstream Jewish-influenced media organizations tear down other groups representative of diverse religions, political views, and backgrounds. That, amigos, is sheer hypocrisy. The message sent with the ousting of Sanchez was loud and clear: any bad-mouthing the Jewish community, and only the Jewish community, is off-limits; they are, after all, the "untouchables."

Posted by: Calexico | October 8, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez is somewhat disingenuous when he defends himself over one of his "pokeable" moments, as Jon Stewart has dubbed them. Stewart didn't mock Sanchez for not knowing how to convert meters to feet-- it was for asking someone who was giving a measurement in meters, "what's that in English?" Obviously, "meters" is an English word, and hence the joke. I laughed to myself when I heard Sanchez say that live, and it was funny to me when Stewart played it up later.

But in Sanchez' defense (and I'm reluctant to defend a guy who I think had one of the silliest shows on cable TV), feet is a unit in the imperial measurement system, first adopted by Great Britain. So referring to a foot as an "English" unit of measurement is, loosely speaking, correct. The way Sanchez asked for numbers in English, though, sounded more like he wanted a translation (to English) than a conversion (into "English" units), which is why it sounded so ridiculous. I'm not sure even he knew exactly what he meant, so I'm not going to hazard a guess.

Posted by: jleatherhead | October 8, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez' transgressions in the Sirius interview (the ones that may have contributed to his firing, anyway) were, in no particular order:

1) saying that Jews are not an oppressed minority
2) calling Jon Stewart a bigot.
3) saying CNN is run by Jews
4) saying the media in general are run by Jews
5) saying that a CNN executive had made an ethnically offensive and insensitive comment to him
6) (implying through the combination of #3 & #5 that a Jew had made an ethnically insulting remark to him)
7) insulting Jewish listeners through some or all of the above.

I heard Stephanopoulos and Sanchez address #2 & #7. Personally, I think Sanchez could have been asked many more and better questions that would have made the interview worth watching. What about it, George? Or were you just so happy about your "get" that you forgot about the rest of the story?

Posted by: jleatherhead | October 8, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

"I still don't see why he was fired.
Jews are not an oppressed minority in the U.S.A."
Posted by: ripper368 | October 8, 2010 2:03 PM

Have you even bothered reading the other comments? There is some blantant bigotry on parade here and saddly it's also reflected out in the real world where American Jews have to deal with these types of people every day.

Posted by: MarilynManson | October 8, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

yameenzusnet, if Obama belongs to a minority with a white mother and black father, just why isn't Amanpour also a minority with a white mother and Persian Muslim father?

Posted by: Desertstraw | October 8, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I noticed that, when Justice Sottomayor was being confirmed, she was often described as the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. What about Benjamin Cardozo? Since when can't you be Jewish and Hispanic? What does Hispanic mean, anyway? Are a Castilian nobleman, an indigenous Guatemalan, and an Argentine of German/Italian ancestry all the same ethnic group because their first language is Spanish? Mr. Sanchez, as a middle-class Cuban-American is not exactly "oppressed" in the same sense that a poor recently-arrived Mexican is.

Posted by: elan1 | October 8, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Ostensibly self-identified "Jews" may have significant roles in American Media but they are no more actual Jews than the "Jews" who helped Rome's "Black Aristocracy" run Hitler.

Roman Catholics assassinated Lincoln just as Roman Catholics assassinated Meriwether Lewis.

Roman Catholics used Hitler as a catspaw against the Eastern European manifestation of that which Dr. King called "the global revolution" against the Ancien Regime of king and pope, under attack by peoples wishing to be free by "the light returning on them from the West [which kindled] a Volcano under their thrones" in 1776.

Rome's American "Fifth Column" killed Kennedy, King, and Pat Tillman...and committed 9/11. Jews are smart so the "Jews" who maintain the Big Lie for Big Media are not true Jews, but are in the service of "Amalek," that which Th. Jefferson called "the real Anti-Christ."

Posted by: iamerican | October 8, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

B2O2 - Kurtz has been mentioning News Corp's political donations since at least August. Where you been, pal?

Posted by: bobsewell | October 8, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Most of us are mentally trapped to think Jewish. Actually, it is safe to say that virtually every mainstream publication or or other type of media organ is "nothing more than a screen to present chosen views." The great battle over the last century has been a battle for the mind of the Western peoples, i.e., non-Jewish Euros. The chosen won it by acquiring control over essentially the complete mainstream news, information, education and entertainment media of every type, and using that control to infuse and disseminate their message, agenda and worldview, their way of thinking, or rather the way they want us to think. Since at least the 1960s this campaign has been effectively complete. Since then they have shaped and controlled the minds of all but a seeming few of us in varying degree with almost no opposition or competition from any alternative worldview. So now most of us are mentally trapped in the box the chosen have made for us, which we have lived in all our lives. Only a few have managed to avoid it or escape it, or to even sometimes see outside of it, and so actually "think outside of the (Jewish) box."

What happened to Oliver Stone is a good case study. The Wall Street Journal reported this past summer that Stone said that “public opinion was focused on the Holocaust because of ‘Jewish domination of the media.’” Stone also said that the Jews “stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington. Israel has f—– up United States foreign policy for years.”

Like so many others before him, Stone groveled: “In trying to make a broader historical point about the range of atrocities the Germans committed against many people, I made a clumsy association about the Holocaust, for which I am sorry and I regret. Jews obviously do not control media or any other industry.”

Joe Sobran who died this past week had this to say about Jewish media power:

“Jewish control of the major media in the media age makes the enforced silence both paradoxical and paralyzing. Survival in public life requires that you know all about it, but never refer to it. A hypocritical etiquette forces us to pretend that the Jews are powerless victims; and if you don’t respect their victimhood, they’ll destroy you. It’s a phenomenal display not of wickedness, really, but of fierce ethnocentrism, a sort of furtive racial superpatriotism.”

In 1996, reprinted in the May 27th issue of the New York Times, by Ari Shavit, an Israeli columnist describing his feelings on the killings of a hundred civilians in a military skirmish in southern Lebanon. Shavit wrote:

“We killed them out of a certain naive hubris. Believing with absolute certitude that now, with the White House, the Senate, and much of the American media in our hands, the lives of others do not count as much as our own.”

Peace.
Michael Santomauro
ReporterNotebook@gmail.com

PS: An antisemite condemns people for being Jews, I am not an antisemite.

Posted by: ReporterNotebook | October 8, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Rolling the time machine to the times of... Andy Young and his mouth

1. Congressman
2. UN Ambassador
3. Atlanta mayor

Hardly a dummy. His mouth, paraphrased

1. "Russians civilizing Afghanistan." Some mumbling.
2. "Castro bringing peace to Angola." Some mumbling.
3. "Israel being mean to Palestinians." Resigned within hours.

Posted by: jw765 | October 8, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez is a waste of time, and a horrid 'journalist'.he is an insult to competent journalists.Let his memory fade away.....

Posted by: 10bestfan | October 8, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Rick Sanchez is a toolbag. Good riddance, and I hope he has a hard time finding new work. It's rich hearing his comments, considering that to look at him, he tries as hard as possible to look like a middle-aged white frat guy.

See ya Rich.

Posted by: PLU482 | October 8, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

CNN could, as a poster suggested, hire Sanchez back to restore his dignity.

He shouldn't have been fired for his mistaken words, for which he has apologized. CNN then should fire Sanchez for incompetence, unlikeability, and for causing the ratings to plummet during his show. Sanchez would be molified and the viewers happy.

Posted by: llrllr | October 8, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Listen to the actual transcript. Sanchez should never have been fired for what he said. Why is it a crime for Sanchez to say there aren't that many Latinos in leadership positions at CNN and other media companies compared to Jews? Why should Sanchez be fired for stating a straight-forward fact? Latinos should have more leadership positions in media, so should Blacks. Am I terrible to think THIS? This makes me an anti-Semite? Why aren't there more minorities in broadcasting? Let's see a CNN special on improving diversity in the broadcasting field. Meanwhile Howard Kurtz does a sickening smear job on Rick Sanchez. Let's be fair to everybody ... that's all I'm asking. Obviously we don't want anti-Semitism fanned. But in this case it seems a fine line. To fire Sanchez for fairly tame remarks (listen to the whole interview) is going to backfire. We all have to live together so we better learn to have more patience and flexibility in dealing with complaints from different groups. CNN should not have used iron-fisted censorship. Sanchez should cool it as well. He does deserve to be back on the air at some point.

Posted by: cleome | October 8, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

When Sanchez decided to put his brain in neutral and let his tongue idle on (as I am sure he has done many times) he sowed his own fate in this day of political correctness. just about everyone (when caught or in this case terminated)can't apologize fast enough in order to save that fat paycheck, however it does not change his feelings or his thoughts, he said what he said because he believes it and it is what it is! Now he is paying a steep price as his career is over with the big boys, his chances are gone and maybe rightfully so. I would not want an employee around that is always whining and cutting down others, not good for business.

Posted by: wkcc36 | October 8, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wkcc36 | October 8, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

It happened the man apologized and was punished let it go. Any more of this and it will draw attention to the fact that the Jews do rule the media

Posted by: testerling | October 8, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

A simple Christian bigot and a simple incompetent, Sanchez would have been fired sooner rather than later without his racist remarks, owing to his abysmal ratings.

What is most interesting re his reeling off a list of Jewish neocons is that his co-Christo-racists have, in the main, been blaming Jewish liberalism for the hire of incompetents like Sanchez, in the first place.

You see the brown and black and white christo-racists hate one another in addition to Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Bahai, and everyone else.

Let the christo-racist go to hell. Hopefully, his next prospective boss will not be a Jew who hires, then mentors and protects him, but rather a Jew such as yours truly, who would tell the christo-bigot: "No place for your racist self here, my friend, or in any other employment site, if I can help it."

Oh, and Rick? Here's to your career: RIP.

Posted by: FarnazMansouri2 | October 8, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and for the Christo-racists who really do own the media?

Next time, we Js aren't goin' to be quite so quiet and dignified about your christo-nazis.

I'm jes' sayin'

Posted by: FarnazMansouri2 | October 8, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

bobsewell, princeps2, AlexRemington

Thanks for the links to the print articles about Tom Friedman. Sanchez is on television while Friedman isn't on cable every day. But Friedman appears on television regularly.

Friedman provides a ton of material to Jon Stewart, but Stewart has preferred to ridicule Sanchez 20 times in recent years.

Can anyone provide a link to 20 instances where Stewart has poked fun at Friedman's antics with as much frequency? He is soooo much more pokable than Sanchez.

Stewart seems to miss some folks and persist with others. I'ld attribute the difference to cronyism, not ethnicity. In my view that is worse than Stewart giving a fellow Jew a break from the torment of laughter.

Posted by: blasmaic | October 8, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Kurtz WORKS for CNN. The company line is, Sanchez needed to go. How can what he writes be taken seriously? Does anyone think he would support Sanchez, even if Sanchez DESERVED to be supported, and risk his CNN job by angering his bosses? And why should readers even have to wonder? The New York Times bars its people from working for other outlets, and this is the reason why they are respected (still) and WaPo isn't.

Posted by: gbooksdc | October 8, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

THE TRIBE:
* It numbers less than one percent of USA
* Yet makes up 4 of 9 Supreme Court justices
* Controls U.S. Foreign Policy in toto
* Controls every president since Eisenhower
* Owns 8 of 9 major NewsMedia Groups in USA
* Directs $46Billion/year to Middle East cousins
* Controls most banks/Owns Hollywood
* Every movie must now mention its religious "culture."
* All USA presidential candidates must swear allegiance to protect ME cousins

Posted by: Whispers | October 8, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse
________________________________________

I thought the greatest crime you could commit against the Tribe was to name Manny Acta as manager

Posted by: gbooksdc | October 8, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

How about Mel Gibson and Rick Sanchez together?

Posted by: phvr38 | October 8, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Howard Kurtz has an undeniable axe to grind with Sanchez.

He could barely contain his giddiness on reliable sources on Sunday when his anti-Sanchez panel teared him to shreds. That's the way to be fair & balanced on CNN, right?

All of his panel members couldn't wait to spew their anti-Sanchez rhetoric, but NONE of them have their own shows, even Kurtz is only on TV once a week. A little jealousy maybe?

Regardless that's not the point of this post...

Sanchez is not wrong for what he said, Jews do control the media, SPECIFICALLY at CNN, he's just wrong for saying it. (if you don't believe me, feel free to peruse the cnn.com site and look at the executives profiles for yourself, make sure you get back to me.) Everyone knows you can't ever speak out against Jews or Israel in country. Sanchez just obviously didnt get the memo.

Special Interests do run this country and Jews are at the top of the list of those who do. Don't kid yourself.

Posted by: scout_finch | October 9, 2010 12:59 AM | Report abuse

If Palin and Bachmann can lead the Tea Party, Sanchez is more than qualified to anchor a CNN TV show. So using the incompetence angle for his firing, not to mention the timing, is throwing up smoke screens. Incidentally, you have to give Sanchez credit for still not backing down on his resentment about Jewish control of the media. In that regard, it is also understandable why any ethnic group would want to do that. How else can 2% of the population exact so much influence on US Congress and foreign policies?

Posted by: KT11 | October 9, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

America is run by politicians who are mediocrities; has mediocrities owning and operating the 'media'; has corporations 'managed' by mediocrities; and is filled with mediocrities who look up to these folks. It's a depressing situation when the average American has more brains, information, wisdom, and judgment than folks who consider themselves part of some kind of 'elite'. I won't even mention the degenerates in every nook and cranny of the 'ruling classes', peering out at us from our television and movie screens, giggling at their own vacuity.

Posted by: tbrucia | October 9, 2010 1:25 AM | Report abuse

America is whig by The Creed's "Annuit Coeptis,""Novus Ordo Seclorem," and "E Pluribus Unum." Jews only worship G-d, of which there is only One. Rome is fascist, and like Roman Catholic Sanchez, necessarily anti-Semitic. Remember: there is only One G-d and Rome rejects the worship of the Jews. Read "A Moral Reckoning" and "A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom"...and all the writings of Our Founder, Author, and Prophet of the One G-d, Thomas Jefferson.

Only the SCOTUS' five Roman Catholics voted to illegally appoint Hitler's banker's grandson, the son of one of JFK's assassins, to be POTUS: to commit abomination before G-d and "Annuit Coeptis" - in the WH with his homosexual lover, James Guckert (Viz. Secret Service social entrance logbook's documented overnights) and on 9/11 (Viz. "The New Pearl Harbor," Griffin, Ph.D.). So too did only the Roman Catholics attempt to enshrine Fascism's repeal of the American Revolution by voting in the majority on 'Citizens United.'

Black, White, Jew, and Gentile WHIGS (Deists worshipped The Deity, Whig means "anti-Roman Catholic") founded this New Israel in covenant with The One Creator, G-d of the universe.

"Jews" working for those who gained control of the MSM during the "Circulation Wars" (Viz. "Unholy Toledo," Illman) are traitors against the American People, Creed, and Constitution, and against G-d, and are, therefore, false Jews.

The non-monolithic Beast, and its agents like Rick Sanchez, won't be casting itself in the Pit. CNN's firing him is a nice gesture though.

Those who remove the twin Fasces from the front wall of the House of Representatives - antithetical to the utopian ideals of Our Creed, Founding, and G-d - and abolish Evil by bringing Rome to justice for the Holocaust, 9/11, and the assassinations of MLK, JFK, Tillman, et al, are Jews and Americans of G-d, those who work for Rome are of Satan regardless of their self "identification."

Posted by: iamerican | October 9, 2010 7:26 AM | Report abuse

America is whig by The Creed's "Annuit Coeptis,""Novus Ordo Seclorem," and "E Pluribus Unum." Jews only worship G-d, of which there is only One (per "Annuit Coeptis"). Rome is fascist, and like Roman Catholic Sanchez, necessarily anti-Semitic. Remember: there is only One G-d and Rome rejects the worship of the Jews. Read "A Moral Reckoning" and "A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom"...and all the writings of Our Founder, Author, and Prophet of the One G-d, Thomas Jefferson.

Posted by: iamerican | October 9, 2010 7:28 AM | Report abuse

ChickaBOOMer: Somebody Please Taser Rick Sanchez

Posted by: StewartIII | October 9, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Rick Sanchez comments were offensive and his apology were rather lame. I think because CNN fired him, he figured that this attempt would appease the Jewish community but I tell Rick Sanchez take your meaningless apology and take a class on tolerance towards others.

Posted by: cdatzker | October 9, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

lets make it very simply mr. stewart must be more important than president barrack obama remeber that idiot on fox news glenn beck calling the president of the U.S.A. racist why wasn't he fired but instead he got a pass by his network, rick sanchez point has been proven that blacks and latino are not treated equal in the news industry and by the way the jews do run and control everything in this country and that is not anti semetic what rick sanchez said was the truth kudos rick.

Posted by: buddaboy | October 10, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buddaboy | October 10, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Jews don't run "VaticanTV" in America, that's Mr. Super Roman Catholic Roger Ailes' job. "They" know what "they" are doing.

Posted by: iamerican | October 10, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

What more proof does anyone need? Anyone who offends Jews in any way is going to be forced to grovel...even other Jews (see Oliver Stone. Jesse Jackson was forced to bow his head in shame; Marlon Brando spoke the truth about Hollywood - you cannot get a job producing, writing or directing unless you have two matzoh balls between your legs - don't believe me, just look at the credits for writing, directing and producing of most Hollywood releases, and keep in mind Jews are ONLY 2% of the USA's population! Look at the mastheads of TIME & JEWSWEEK they are both at least 40% Jews getting the bylines in those two newsweeklies - and Howard Kurtz - a Jew - KNOWS THIS!
Jews with zero talent - think Richard Dreyfus & Bette Middler - will get huge breaks. Gentiles with similar talent wouldn't even be allowed to deliver the bagels! And, Howard Kurtz knows this so he is a liar.
Just look at the bylines in this paper and remember, Jews are only 2% of the USA's population! You tell me if they aren't represented way out of proportion to their numbers in the society as a whole! Look at who writes, produces and directs virtually EVERY show on TV and remember, Jews are only 2% of the USA's population. Virtually every segment producer on CBS' 60 Minutes or ABC's 20/20 is a Jew.

But if you point these facts out - "You'll never eat lunch in this town again." Shame on you Rich Sanchez for being so stupid as to not realize who you can and can't criticize! Maybe next time you'll do what you're supposed to and go after the "religious right!"

Posted by: vince33x | October 11, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Even when a network like CNN is trying to dumb down its coverage, you still need to have on-air personalities that are more intelligent than the quality of the news you're providing. CNN thought it could get away with having a dumb guy like Rick Sanchez as an anchor, and they failed. Anyone who's serious and competent would not have made the comments Sanchez made, and now he's offering transparent, two-faced apologies to get another job.

Posted by: johnc_80 | October 11, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

The amazing bigotry displayed in these comments is part of why many people think that comments on the WaPo should force you to use your real name. On the other hand, without an anonymous forum, most of these cockroaches would never have scuttled out into the open where we can count them.

Posted by: ScienceTim | October 11, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

"The amazing bigotry displayed in these comments is part of why many people think that comments on the WaPo should force you to use your real name."
--------------
This from someone who calls himself "Science Tim." And don't worry about the "bigotry." I'm sure all the posts containing too much candor will be removed in the next pass by the moderator, as my last one was.

Posted by: CharlesMcKay1 | October 11, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse