Dramatic Constitution Reading at Newseum Sunday
A mix of politicians, writers, historians and celebrities will participate in a dramatic reading of the U.S. Constitution at the Newseum at noon Sunday. The event, sponsored by People For the American Way Foundation, will be held in a television studio in the museum and broadcast on a big screen in the building's Great Hall.
Those interested in attending should use the 6th Street entrance of the building, which is located at 555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Tickets to the Newseum typically cost $20, though no information was provided on tickets to the reading. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Josh Glasstetter or Drew Courtney of People For the American Way Foundation at 202-467-4999 or email@example.com.
The event is within walking distance of the Lincoln Memorial, where Barack Obama will hold his free welcome concert at 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Read the list of people who will participate in the reading after the jump.
· civil rights pioneer Mary Frances Berry
· actress Alfre Woodard
· Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky
· writer Michael Chabon
· Congressman Chaka Fattah
· news anchor Maureen Bunyan
· author and linguist Deborah Tannen
· blogger and Air America correspondent Ana Marie Cox
· Freedom Forum Chairman Charles Overby
· former USA Today executive editor Ken Paulson
· actor John Astin
· “Obama Girl” Leah Kauffman
· a member of the Tuskegee Airmen
· actress Beth Broderick
· attorney Thurgood Marshall Jr.
· Olympic athlete David Banks
Get This Widget >>
Posted by: lechefpam | January 14, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: silverspring25 | January 14, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Munas | January 14, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.