Doctor Tells of Neda's Final Moments

Check out yesterday's coverage and our reports from earlier today.

The BBC has posted a video interview with a doctor who tried to save the life of Neda Agha Soltan after she was shot and killed at a rally on Saturday. Amateur video of Soltan's apparent death has become a YouTube sensation and galvanized the opposition movement.

In the video, Dr. Arash Hejazi relays how bystanders grabbed an armed Basij militiaman who appeared to admit to killing Soltan.

Widely cited Twitterer IranBaan said that visitors to Soltan's grave today were chased off and in some cases detained. The Post has not independently verified this.

A group of people went to Neda's grave today but the forces didn't let them stay or even pray....Today on Neda's grave whoever had a green sign got arrested right away.

Reports surfaced yesterday that authorities forced Soltan's family to leave their apartment in east Tehran.

June 25, 2009; 4:34 PM ET  | Category:  world
Previous: Possible Runoff Vote, Power Struggle in Iran | Next: Obama: Iran Government's Actions 'Outrageous'

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

After watching a video of Neda Agha Soltan die I became quite emotional, and memories of my 20-year-old daughter's death came back to me. That was ten years ago and I was holding her hand when this life departed her. (She had been comatose for several days, at home then.) Neda's death stare jolted me because I had seen the exact same look from my daughter when she died. Call it The Infinity Stare?

I will wonder until I die what both women saw during those last seconds, and I will always believe whatever that vision was, it comforted them.

I'm at a loss for words. I hurt for Neda, her family and friends, and the outrageous situation in their country. Long live Neda.

Posted by: aristata | June 25, 2009 5:26 PM

Dem propagandists are playing this up big time; and their media lapdogs are, well, lapping it up.

Where is the contrast between the hundreds of women, some pregnant, and children murdered by the Obama authorized drone attacks in N. Pakistan and Afghanistan?

They get killed routinely, but one protester gets the endless headlines...I guess her life is worth more in WAPO's pointy heads than that of a peasant in N. Pakistan.

Posted by: poppadata | June 25, 2009 5:29 PM

AVENGE NEDA!!!!

Posted by: patriot76 | June 25, 2009 6:41 PM

Posted by: poppadata | June 25, 2009 5:29 PM
---------------------------
Is it a zero-sum game? Does it have to be one or the other? Now you make the rules?

People around the world are interested, that's the way it is. I wasn't aware that Iran was at war with its own people, but I guess they are.

The USA IS at war with those in N. Pakistan and those harboring them are at risk. They killed 3,000+ Americans, and many others, and we are chasing them and we will get them. That's the way it is.

Posted by: michael4 | June 25, 2009 6:50 PM

Women in Iran and Pakistan need to learn how to shoot guns... sooner than later.
Sorry state of affairs.

Posted by: hhkeller | June 26, 2009 11:08 AM

Every once in a while we are reminded that evil exists, as it does in Iran at the moment: hiding behind the face of a person who claims to be a religious man... an "Ayatollah." Ladies and gentleman, that's real evil: you cannot get more evil than that...and we will not forget. The same man supports terrorist organizations in many, many countries, organizations that train teenagers and women included to commit suicide while blowing up innocent people including women and children. We're talking MAJOR EVIL. He's a psychopath, plain and simple. And now he wants more and more nuclear materials... and we're just sittin' by, watching him do it... just like we watched Stalin; just like we watched Hitler; just like we watched Mao: the three most prolific mass murderers ever to walk upon the face of planet Earth. Now we watch Ayatollah Wholesale-Supporter-of-Suicide-Bombing Ali Khamenei a.k.a The Psychopath... (and those who support him are included).

Posted by: DarylAtamanyk | June 26, 2009 10:52 PM

the true face of Iran...?

Posted by: blafouille | June 27, 2009 11:46 AM

Four innocent Kent State college students were murdered by the Ohio National Guard on May 4, 1970. I don't hear any of you right-wingers complaining about that.

Posted by: eric70 | June 28, 2009 1:11 PM