Obama promises answers on 'this horrible incident'
By Michael D. Shear
President Obama called the incident at Fort Hood a "tragic shooting" and promised to share more details about what happened, and why, "as we get them."
"These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives on behalf of us on a daily basis," he said.
Speaking before scheduled remarks, Obama said he had been in touch with Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Joint Chief's Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen.
"We will make sure that we get answers to every single question about this horrible incident," Obama promised. "As commander in chief, there's no greater honor, but also no greater responsibility for me, than to make sure the extraordinary men and women in uniform are properly cared for."
Obama declined to provide any detail about the investigation, but said government officials at the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI and the Pentagon are working to get answers.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: vangup | November 5, 2009 5:38 PM
Posted by: springco1 | November 5, 2009 5:38 PM
Posted by: pvilso24 | November 5, 2009 10:25 PM
Posted by: jward52 | November 6, 2009 8:49 AM
Posted by: 4Jaxon | November 6, 2009 9:12 AM
Posted by: sjcsando | November 6, 2009 11:19 AM
Posted by: June1st | November 6, 2009 1:32 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.