Empty Nest, and the Weekend Poll
Things They Don't Tell You About Becoming an Empty-Nester:
1. You keep buying too much food.
2. The food goes bad because you don't feel like cooking.
3. With Xboxes, TVs, lightbulbs and computers no longer running constantly, your electricity bill should fall dramatically.
4. Your doorbell will last longer because nobody rings it anymore.
5. It's undeniably your fault when the house is a mess.
6. As soon as you adjust to points 1-5, they come back home to visit.
WEEKEND READING: In this Saturday's Real Estate Section, Elizabeth D. Festa explains how some homeowners have banded together to make solar energy simple. And, with news of more rabid bats showing up in parts of the area, Ann Cameron Siegal has tips on keeping bats where they belong -- outside.
CHAT DAY: Today is Real Estate Live chat day once again. If you can't join us at 1 p.m., be sure to submit your comments early.
The Weekend Poll:
This is a non-scientific user poll. Results are not statistically valid and cannot be assumed to reflect the views of Washington Post users as a group or the general population.
September 18, 2009; 6:00 AM ET
Categories: Funny , Home features , Poll , Weekend Poll
Save & Share: Previous: Fewer New Home Sales, But Greater Satisfaction
Next: Chat Plus: Questioning the Appraisal
The comments to this entry are closed.