Posted at 3:46 PM ET, 06/ 6/2010

11-year-old goes missing in D.C.

By Washington Post Editors
missing
Anthony Thomas. (Courtesy of D.C. Police)

An 11-year-old boy who went missing in Southwest Washington on Saturday afternoon is now considered a critical missing person, and District police are asking for assistance in locating him.

Police said Anthony Thomas was last seen in the 100 block of Ivanoe Street, SW, on Saturday at about 3 p.m. He is described as black, with a very light complexion, 5'1" tall, weighing approximately 110 pounds. He has brown eyes, black hair fashioned into a Mohawk, and a thin build. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and pants.

Anyone with information about the boy is urged to call police at 202-727-9099 or the youth investigations division at 202-576-6768.

--Josh White

By Washington Post Editors  | June 6, 2010; 3:46 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Remains could be related to Va. killings
Next: Wild weather pounds region

Comments

with all dem perverts...
is it any wonder...
lately it's been open season on everybody...

Posted by: DwightCollins | June 6, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

The Post should feature a larger picture of him. I hope someone finds this kid okay.

Posted by: brandip_77 | June 6, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

I'M PRAYING FOR THIS CHILD'S SAFE RETURN.

Posted by: skinfreak | June 6, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

"with all dem perverts...is it any wonder...
lately it's been open season on everybody..."
Posted by: DwightCollins

Spoken like a true "Christian" and typical Republican...and one reason I would never be either.

Posted by: jjedif | June 7, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

I hope they find him soon! To the family...you are in my prayers.

Posted by: thelildiva4u | June 7, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jjedif | June 7, 2010 8:39 AM
-----------------------
Just because you choose not to be a Christian it does not mean that we all share the views of Dwightcollins. If you ever read his posts, you will see that he is not Christ like in many of his postings, and this is no exception. Notice he uses "dem" for them. What vernacular do you think is is using?

Posted by: OHREALLYNOW | June 7, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

"with all dem perverts...is it any wonder...
lately it's been open season on everybody..."
Posted by: DwightCollins
-----------------
Posted by: jjedif | June 7, 2010 8:39 AM
======================

jjedif, I am a Christian and I want to know what makes you think the comment from DwightCollins is "spoken like a true Christian".

Posted by: OHREALLYNOW | June 7, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I hope the little boy is found safe and sound. I thought the street was spelled Ivanhoe, instead of Ivanoe. Come on now, I see too many grammatical errors and misspelled words on this site. Let's get it together.

Posted by: brikki | June 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Boy "goes" missing? How do you "go" missing?

Posted by: kls1 | June 7, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

What is meant by "critical missing person" ?

This youth is critical of ... of ... what?

Posted by: perryneheum | June 7, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

And he's a critical missing person because ...???

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | June 7, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

It is sad that people are using this article to post personal attacks. What works for one may not work for another!!

I hope and pray that they find this young man!

Posted by: shadon1 | June 7, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Typical ignorant fools blabbin away...this is suppose to be about this precious little boy who cant be found, not your belief`s jjedif, not personal attacks, not grammer attacks. Just the hopes he comes home unharmed. Always, when something bad happens the freaks come out. Make`s you wonder when someone writes something odd about a child`s disappearance, are they themselves predator`s.

Posted by: beachmom69 | June 7, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

As I understand it, "critical missing" is used to either describe a child under age 12 or any person with a mental or physical health issue. The idea is to ramp up the public's awareness so that the missing person is found quickly and doesn't suffer any harm.

Posted by: rosilandjordan | June 8, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

More info on this child please. Who was he with? Was he in trouble? Any clues? Anything that might jog someone's memory? This is pathetic on the part of the police or the post or both. This little boy is missing! Hello!

Posted by: spindoctor1 | June 8, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Dear God, I lift Anthony Thomas up in your name. I bind any wickedness, evilness or harm concerning Anthony Thomas. I plead the blood of Jesus over his life and his families life concerning Anthony. I pray devine favor concerning this little boy being found today in Jesus name. Your word says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper and to cast all our cares upon You Lord. I pray that Anthonys captors have a clear conscious now, in Jesus name, and return this child to his family.
I also pray for the police department and ask that you give them the spirit of discernment concerning this childs whereabouts. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Posted by: HauteMum | June 9, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse