Posted at 6:59 PM ET, 10/30/2010

69-year-old woman missing after rally

By Terri Rupar

A 69-year-old woman who has dementia was missing Saturday night after coming here from New York for the rally on the Mall, the U.S. Park Police said.

They said Gladys Germain was last seen on the Mall near 7th Street about 3 p.m. She is 4 feet 10 and was wearing a puffy black coat and a black baseball cap, the Park Police said.

They said she is a native of Haiti and speaks with an accent.

Anyone with information was asked to call the Park Police at 202-610-7505 or 202 610-8730.

--Martin Weil

By Terri Rupar  | October 30, 2010; 6:59 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. police officer dies in car accident
Next: Father Guido Sarducci at Stewart's rally

Comments

she has dementia? who in that crowd doesn't?

Posted by: wewintheylose | October 30, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Has she been found?

@wewintheyloose - I feel very sorry for you and hope that this doesn't happen to someone you love. You must have a very sad lonely life.

Posted by: baisasa | October 30, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

It would helpful to give us her race. Not all natives of Haiti are black.

Posted by: chunche | October 30, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

This story is ripe for jokes, but that would be inappropriate.

Hope they find the lady.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | October 31, 2010 12:27 AM | Report abuse

I attended that rally. How on Earth could someone let their elderly and impaired relative/friend get lost? Terrible. I hope she is found and safe.

Posted by: darrren12000 | October 31, 2010 3:39 AM | Report abuse

My grandmother used to lag behind all the time and stop at all the free food and candy trays. We always used to say, where's grandma, where's grandma and then see her over at the candy counter. They become like kids. I'm not a grandmother yet but I have a feeling its going to be downhill fast for me.

Posted by: SusanMarie2 | October 31, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Did they find her yet? I don't even want to be here at 69 much less 90's like my Grandma. But she's probably having tea with someone who doesn't know she's missing.

Posted by: SusanMarie2 | October 31, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse