Posted at 3:20 PM ET, 09/23/2010

Arrest made in Catholic U student's death

By Washington Post editors

An arrest has been made in the shooting death of a Catholic University student who was killed in August while riding his bicycle, DCist reports.

A juvenile has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of Neil Godleski, 31.

A police official identified the suspect as Eric Foreman, of Northeast Washington, who turns 17 this month. He has been charged as an adult with first-degree murder. Details of the crime are contained in court documents that will become public after Foreman's initial appearance in D.C. Superior Court, set for late Thursday afternoon.

Godleski was found slain at Sherman Circle in the Petworth neighborhood.

This item has been updated since it was first published.

By Washington Post editors  | September 23, 2010; 3:20 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, DC
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Meet the Faregate Moron: D.C.'s blogs
Next: Fire destroys two homes in Manassas

Comments

"Godleski was found slain at Sherman Circle in the Petworth neighborhood. "

I think that the residents of DC need to subdivide the city into even more nonsense names so that people reading these articles have no clue where these places are.

Where the f- is "Petworth"?
It might as well be in Kalamazoo.

Posted by: tokenwhitemale | September 23, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

...half-mile west of Ft. Totten.

Well, good for them that they finally actually have a suspect for a shooting death in DC. At least he wasn't run down by someones' security-detail.

Posted by: tokenwhitemale | September 23, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to find out who are suspect is...anyone want to guess?
I'm going to say 16 year old, minority kid from single-parent household headed by mom. Just a guess...

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I really don't know what to make of your evil comment but... I'll take a wager on something else BD651.

Why don't we bet on whether he could write a sentence that used the word "our" instead of "are".

Posted by: overdrive_68 | September 23, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

tokenwhitemale.

Petworth is on the Metro map, have you ever even been to the city?

Posted by: Poopsican | September 23, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Just an oberservation...nothing evil about it.
If it's accurate, then why is it evil?

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

no doubt bigdaddy651 is correct

Posted by: slim4 | September 23, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

overdrive_68,
Thanks for pointing out my mistaken use of "are" versus "our". I normally proof more closely than that before posting.
Although, you still haven't addressed why my observation is so evil. I don't get why you(or anyone else for that matter) would take offense to it.
The probability of my being right is pretty high. It isn't my fault it's an easy observation to make.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

After reading these comments, just another day on the blog. Yep, nothing that raises the level of discourse! On to the next article...

Posted by: whatsreallygoingon | September 23, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

So BD651, are you the absent daddy of this kid or what?

Posted by: 10bestfan | September 23, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

10bestfan,
Not me...married 21 years and actually take fatherhood as seriously as it should be taken. I actually check his homework nightly and am involved in my son's life.
Not matter their age, you're always a role model to your children.
How about you 10best? Is he one of your illegitimates that you're behind on support payments for?

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Eric Foreman from NE...and get this: "Foreman turns 17 this month, the official said."

No word on family status but I'm liking my pick so far...

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

tokenwhitemale:

Stop acting like a token white male. There's even a Petworth Metro station. Look it up.

Glad they caught the dumb kid who did this. Too bad no one intervened in this kids' life before he took out a decent human being. I'll pray for both families.

Posted by: brandip_77 | September 23, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

No me BD651, I haven't any illegtimate children . Just making the point that the dad should be in the child's life- seems like we are on the same page with that.

Posted by: 10bestfan | September 23, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

tokenwhitemale: if you take enough of an interest in our city to comment here, i suggest you do your homework and get a slight idea of the geography and communities within dc's borders. and mixing profanity with your ignorance is not going to win you any friends. clean up and get a clue.

this was a horrible tragedy and those of us who live in the community need to come together to make our neighborhoods safe: effective policing and doing the long term work on our education system and in our families to make sure 16 yr olds are building their futures instead of gunning folks down.

Posted by: rmJack | September 23, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

10bestfan,
Seriously though, I don't understand how any man can know he's going to be a father and NOT be involved his the child's life.
I actually feel sorry for the kid in a lot of ways. Not for his having taken an innocent person's life. But if his father really isn't in his life.
I coach my son in regular season and tournament baseball and basketball. We go to movies and sporting events together or as a family. Dinners with friends or our volunteer work with developmentally disabled...everything as a family.
Chances are this kid never got much if any of that.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | September 23, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Peace, Love, Dove.

Posted by: jnrentz@aol.com | September 23, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Peace, Love, Dove.

Posted by: jnrentz@aol.com | September 23, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Peace, Love, Dove.

Posted by: jnrentz@aol.com | September 23, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

BD651,

just wanted to say congrats on the father stuff. Man I really enjoyed watching my son grow up. He's 23 now gotta degree and is on his way. It has been the greatest honor in my life helping that youngster grow into adulthood.

Posted by: youngj1 | September 24, 2010 2:48 AM | Report abuse