Posted at 7:37 AM ET, 08/ 7/2010

Arrests made in quadruple slaying

By Washington Post editors

A man and a woman from Texas have been charged with first-degree murder in Friday's shooting deaths of two woman and two children in a dilapidated Lanham apartment, police said Saturday morning.

Police said the motive in the slaying was a "drug relationship" with the suspects and both of the dead women that went bad. The drug was marijuana.

Darrell Lynn Bellard, 43, of Dickinson, Tex. and T'keisha Nicole Gilmer, 18, of Texas City, Tex. are being held in the killings.

Killed were Dawn Yvette Brooks, 38; Mwasiti Sikyala, 41; Shayla Shante Sikyala; 3, and Shakur Sylvester Sikyala, 4. Brooks was the mother of the two children and Mwatsi Sikyala was their paternal aunt.

Stay with postlocal.com for more developments.

-- Matt Zapotosky

By Washington Post editors  | August 7, 2010; 7:37 AM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Teen shot near Capitol Hill
Next: Dominion: Power to be restored by tonight

Comments

Legalize it and things like this will not happen. The murders I mean not the condition of the way those people were living that is mental illness.

Posted by: humbertomisteroni | August 7, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Washington Post, when the student and Lagrosse player was murdered earlier this year you kept it front page news, yet I had to dig through to locate any updates onthis story. I leaving one to draw conclusions of race and class (class that the WP lacks).

Posted by: makeit1d | August 7, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: makeit1d | August 7, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

As long as you are going to draw conclusions... so will I... I conclude that you need to learn to type, or at the very least -- proofread

Posted by: Hunter21 | August 7, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse