Posted at 10:39 PM ET, 11/11/2010

Bus catches fire near 14th St. bridge

By Clarence Williams

A bus caught fire Thursday night just south of the 14th Street bridge in Arlington, authorities said. All of the passengers were believed to have gotten off the bus unharmed, according to the Virginia State Police.

Three southbound lanes of traffic were closed in the area, leaving only one southbound lane open.

Arlington firefighters and police were called to the southbound Ianes of Interstate 395, near the exit with Boundary Channel Drive, about 10:20 p.m.

By Clarence Williams  | November 11, 2010; 10:39 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, DC, Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daily Beast, Newsweek to merge
Next: Man fatally shot in Northeast D.C.

Comments

I just drove by this on 395. I had taken the southbound HOV lane and first noticed the backed up traffic on the Southbound 14th Street Bridge. Then I saw at least a half-dozen fire trucks and the bridge almost completely blocked off. Finally, I saw the bus in the far right of the expressway, completely burned out; windows were all blown/burned out and you could still see the heat coming off the bus and smell the charred metal.

I am happy to hear and will pray that everyone is believed to have gotten off the bus.

Posted by: td0213 | November 11, 2010 11:43 PM | Report abuse

To: td0213 Are you a reporter cause I got more information from you then I did of the articles that was submitted above. If you are not, then what a shame I’ll say take into service you have an eye for details.

Posted by: amazing2 | November 12, 2010 8:09 AM | Report abuse