Posted at 10:33 PM ET, 07/19/2010

Driver stabbed in D.C. carjacking

By Erica Johnston

A motorist was stabbed Monday afternoon in downtown Washington during a carjacking, D.C. police said.

They said the man remained conscious after being wounded in the incident in which his car was taken about 5 p.m. near 10th and N Streets NW. The intersection is between the Logan Circle and Mount Vernon Square areas.

-- Martin Weil

By Erica Johnston  | July 19, 2010; 10:33 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, DC
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Homicide victim found in NW D.C.
Next: Lori's A.M. Buzz: Say cheese! Now pay up.

Comments

I bet he tried to put of a fight or had the super hero attitude. Just give it and call your insurance..or someone will be calling your Life Insurance Policy...we the working people are the victims...

Posted by: shadon1 | July 20, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: fighterDC | July 20, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

What kind of car was it?

Posted by: CalmTruth | July 20, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

...and I hope that the man is ok. I just thought it would be helpful, since this is categorized under "Public Safety" that we might have the type of vehicle being targeted listed.

Posted by: CalmTruth | July 20, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

@fighterDC

"hey shadon1, the other option is allow DC residents and visitors to legally arm themselves with handguns so when a carjacker tries to stab you, you can defend yourself.

I don't think it is a "super hero" attitude to not want people to victimize you."

----------------
LMAO!

"Excuse me, Mr. Carjacker. Please give me a minute to reach into my console and get my DC-licensed handgun so I can defend myself".

Posted by: ceefer66 | July 20, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I hate how people apologize for bad behavior like shadon1. It is never OK to steal stuff. This is the same mentality that says if you don't have everything encased in concrete you deserve to have it stolen.

Posted by: cashink2003 | July 20, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't there a driver stabbed to death in Fairfax a few weeks back? It seems to me some one who stabs for a car jacking has done it before because they don't have access to a gun. FFC police...wanna follow up on this?

Posted by: eldude1277 | July 20, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse