Posted at 2:03 PM ET, 11/23/2010

Prostitution arrest at Linthicum hotel

By Washington Post editors

Police in Anne Arundel County arrested an Arizona woman last week on suspicion of prostitution after they found her in a Linthicum hotel room with condoms and over $1,000 in cash, the Baltimore Sun reports. Police found the woman while executing a search warrant.

The woman, a 29-year-old from Phoenix, is scheduled to face trial on a charge of prostitution in December.

Officers in the county's vice unit searched the hotel on Nov. 18 around 9:30 p.m. after receiving numerous complaints of prostitution taking place at the hotel, according to a statement released by police Monday morning.

By Washington Post editors  | November 23, 2010; 2:03 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 2 Va. school systems under investigation
Next: Bed bugs still plaguing GWU dorms

Comments

Do like me and go on the internet looking for dudes,csue I am blck and ugly and if the lites are on I do not stand a chance to sell anything. SO, I use to teach school and got fired for teaching lil blck kids how to defame each other and now I am at the union where I can stalk and harrass folk,especially Black men and I wish I were white lie the lady at the HOtel.

Posted by: Tee1UglyDudley1 | November 23, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

So what is she had condoms and a thousand dollars. Geesh, can't a woman earn a little extra cash for the holidays?

Posted by: blackforestcherry | November 23, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Prostitutes should not be the ones getting arrested. Pimps and Johns should be getting arrested. Prostitution is dehumanizing and poisonous to our communities.
Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation aims to end the demand for buying sex by directly addressing the culture, institutions, and individuals that perpetrate, profit from, or tacitly support sexually exploitive acts against people. To learn more about how to end sex trafficking and exploitation go to http://caase.org/

Posted by: CAASE | November 23, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CAASE | November 23, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CAASE | November 23, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

If I call the cops and say they are selling drugs next door that is not probale cause to get a warrant. How they got a warrant because THEY CLAIM they had several complaints doesn't cut it if the case goes to trial. How did they know this women was doing massages or she may have been a legitimate escort, they ASSUME because she charges for her time by the hour that she is a hooker.
When the cops stop the client leavng her location I am sure they THREATENED to call his wife and take him to jail but if he JUST ADMITS he paid her for sex they will issue him a summons toappear and not call is wife. So using his statement to get a warrant is as illegal as ever since they had to THREATEN a man to get his statement.
If I call the cops and tell them I saw the guy next door selling drugs they can't get a warrant.
What happened to having to get the women on tape verbaly agreeing to engage in a illegal act for something of monetart value.
What about all the sex workers that are exploited, harassed and even raped by POLICE.

Posted by: mrsrobinosn | November 24, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

When the cops stop the client leavng her location I am sure they THREATENED to call his wife and take him to jail but if he JUST ADMITS he paid her for sex they will issue him a summons to appear and not call is wife. So using his statement to get a warrant is as illegal as ever since they had to THREATEN a man to get his statement.
What happened to having to get the women on tape verbaly agreeing to engage in a illegal act for something of monetary value.

Posted by: mrsrobinosn | November 24, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse