Posted at 9:35 PM ET, 10/ 7/2010

Slain Landover woman is identified

By Erica Johnston

Prince George's County police have identified the woman shot and killed Wednesday morning in Landover as 31-year-old Terasa Evans, of the 2500 block of Markham Lane, authorities said Thursday.

Evans was found suffering from gunshot wounds near her address about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday after police were called for a shooting, authorities said. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

Law enforcement sources said the case is believed to be an isolated incident, though no suspect has been arrested or specific motive identified.

-- Matt Zapotosky

By Erica Johnston  | October 7, 2010; 9:35 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Small fire inside Commerce Dept. building
Next: 'Suspicious' death in Fairfax

Comments

RIP, Terasa ("Tracy")!

Posted by: ntlekt | October 7, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

What is an "isolated incident?" A lady is dead. Do the police mean there is not a serial killer loose? Or that there is not major combat going on in that neighborhood?

Posted by: wjc1va | October 8, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

I used to work with this young woman. It pains me to hear that her life was taken so suddenly. Though I have no idea what led up to this, by no means should anyone proceed with ending someone's life. My condolences to her family. R.I.P Tracy

Posted by: jwv3 | October 8, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

...and the sad part of this saga, we may never know who did this. Unless a murder makes the 7am, 5pm, 6pm and 11pm news (in that order), the police is less interested in solving it. There will be no pressure from the public or inquiries into solving this.
I didnt not know this lady, but i hear she had a young child. My heart bleeds for this child.
We have monsters in our neighborhoods and even in our own families. Until we stop turning a blind eye to this madness, we will continue to see such violence.

Posted by: CrimeRiddenDC | October 8, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: CrimeRiddenDC | October 8, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I still can't believe you are gone!! We will miss seeing your smile on the kickball field. Praying for your family and friends. RIP

Posted by: shaykel0699 | October 8, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

One of the most upbeat people Ive met. Your loss in the kickball community has been sorely felt by this senseless act and we send our deepest condolences to the family. RIP Terasa

Posted by: washpostlady | October 8, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Wow, it sounds like she was a well-loved, woman. God be with your family, Teresa.

Posted by: brandip_77 | October 8, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

LHS Alumni and friends and family will truly miss you Tracy. RIP Tracy, we love you. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Posted by: aburruss54 | October 8, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse