Sniper says 2 others backed out of attacks
A man convicted in the deadly sniper attacks that terrorized the Washington, D.C., area in 2002 says two others planned to participate in the attacks but backed out.
The revelation comes in a prison interview with Lee Boyd Malvo for the Thursday premier of “Confessions of the DC Sniper with William Shatner: An Aftermath Special” on the A&E television network.
During the interview, Malvo's forensic psychiatrist says Malvo also confessed to 42 shootings during the three-week shooting spree that left 10 dead in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Previously, Malvo and John Allen Muhammad had been linked to as many as 27 shootings resulting in 17 deaths.
Malvo is being held in a southwest Virginia prison. Muhammad was executed in Virginia last year.
-- Associated Press
Washington Post editors
| July 29, 2010; 9:16 AM ET
Categories: Crime and Public Safety, DC, Maryland, Virginia
Save & Share: Previous: Urban League kicks off convention in D.C.
Next: Fenty wants longer summer jobs program
Posted by: Frishoo | July 29, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: MarilynManson | July 29, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: NotForYou1 | July 29, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.